a weekend away

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

Martin S

a weekend away

Postby Martin S » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:41 pm

At brekkie today I was having a chat with Colin about trips,Colin was saying he would like to do a trip but with work and holidays he finds it difficult,so the idea would be a mid country weekend away,perhaps taking one day of work so,Friday,Saturday,back home Sunday,this might make a good trip to bring your wife,(partner) (special friend)or just yourself,the idea would be find a hotel as a base ,and go out during the days,place of interest,lunch,ect, as timing around beginning of July next year,any way, any thoughts on this,place to stay ,ect......martin

Wingco

Re: a weekend away

Postby Wingco » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:07 pm

Martin good shout mate, I think we came up with some good ideas, I'm up for helping out so ill have a google and see what's around. Sue is up for it ;) !!!
I think you mentioned the Cotswolds, I think that would work well, its only a couple of hours away, its a lovely place, I've always wanted to go there, we should fined some nice pubs and of course roads.
So any one else fancy just a short break away ??
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

danno

Postby danno » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:24 pm

I'm might be able to convince my Mrs this is a good idea.

steve m

Postby steve m » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:37 pm

Assuming I would be on days off, im in
My wife however will not be joining us, as she has only been in my car twice
"once to brighton, and once home, from brighton"

so if any one has a spare wife, or suitably aged daughter, that would be great
:D :D
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

danno

Postby danno » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Maybe I'll ditch mine then...

russtik

Postby russtik » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:24 pm

Wales has got to be on the list, as per Graham & co's trip this weekend. Brilliant roads and stunning scenery, hard to beat consistently for a whole weekend in England.
Current: Fisher Fury Spyder - 16v Toyota 4AGE
Previous: Road Runner SR2 Turbo - SOLD
Previous: Tiger Avon - Raceline Zetec-R

'Like' SKCC on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Southernkitcars

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:25 pm

steve m wrote:so if any one has a spare wife, or suitably aged daughter, that would be great

I have a suitably aged daughter you're welcome to, just two things - there's no giving her back & she comes with a horse (not sure I worded that last bit terribly well).

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:27 pm

Fury1630 wrote:
steve m wrote:so if any one has a spare wife, or suitably aged daughter, that would be great

I have a suitably aged daughter you're welcome to, just two things - there's no giving her back & she comes with a horse (not sure I worded that last bit terribly well).

Brilliant :D

I might be interested in this, but have booked more time off than usual for another go at Scotland.....

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:04 pm

DJ. wrote:
Fury1630 wrote:

Brilliant :D

I might be interested in this, but have booked more time off than usual for another go at Scotland.....

Sorry I didn't know you were a keen equestrian?! :oops:
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Martin S

Postby Martin S » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:39 pm

At the moment this is purely a idea to see if there is interest,and also to get ideas on place to stay and places to visit that will be of interest to suit,me and Colin will try and put some things together over the coming months,but in the meantime all ideas are welcome....martin

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”