Big trip Alps 2014 - 12th to 20th July 2014

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

User avatar
Crunchie Gears
Posts: 3600
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: Bracknell
Contact:

Big trip Alps 2014 - 12th to 20th July 2014

Postby Crunchie Gears » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:39 pm

Hi all

After going on the mega Tony B trip this year I need some more! :D

I have looked at how I could organise this and have some ideas. Firstly, I do not like basic camping and so have looked at Glamping. I have looked at a few camping holiday companies and one meets our needs. Eurocamp offer sites in France and Switzerland which almost are in the right places to have a go at the French alps and the major passes in the mid and east alps. :D

So what would be the costs?

I have negotiated a discount which would be give us 25% discount if we booked before the end of October. They have provisionally quoted £1800 for six people and 4 cars in a six person tent over 9 days including the channel crossing for the cars. With the discount it would make it £1,350 between 6 which would mean about £225 per person. There would be fuel and food on top but all the camp sites have take always, restaurants and shops on site. They also have swimming pools and good washing facilities and, for the good looking, pulling opportunities :o

From what I understand getting to the Alps is an issue. So I have looked at how to get there and back with some fun. I would think we need no more than the first morning on the Motorway. That would mean we could get over the first col in the afternoon of the first day :D :lol:

I can ensure great roads and some stops at interesting places! :D

I think Mattijs and Lee maybe up for this, they obviously want to hear the 2014 best joke in the World as they have heard the best two in 2013! :lol: :lol: :twisted:

I might need some help from Mark And Tony on how to make it a great trip but I would be glad to try and make this a mini mega trip as I cannot compete with the official trip and Tony's organisation this year.

So who is up for this bucket list trip?

1. Crunchie
2.

User avatar
Tony B
Site Admin
Posts: 6198
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Location: Maresfield, East Sussex
Contact:

Re: Big trip. Next summer

Postby Tony B » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:51 pm

Well done for stepping in on this Paul, and just shout if you want some pointers on the routes.

What dates are you looking at?

I must admit, i might still be tempted but costs for me might be tight next year with the old anniversary trip to the maldives.

Are you still thinking of doing a full week?

User avatar
Crunchie Gears
Posts: 3600
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: Bracknell
Contact:

Re: Big trip. Next summer

Postby Crunchie Gears » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:19 pm

Tony B wrote:Well done for stepping in on this Paul, and just shout if you want some pointers on the routes.

What dates are you looking at?

I must admit, i might still be tempted but costs for me might be tight next year with the old anniversary trip to the maldives.

Are you still thinking of doing a full week?


It just shows my inexperience :oops:

9 days. Starting on 12 July 2014 and back on 20 July 2014.

To make it a different trip. Less full on. I thought of a few things that those who sign up can decide on if they can be arranged:

1. A visit to the French Motor museum in Mulhouse,
2. A trackday at Abbeville
3. Visit to the Eiger and lunch is on me (subject to numbers) at the Aspen Hotel over looking the north face and it is where the press looked on as the heros tried to climb the mountain.
4. Tunnel run in Paris at night and pics of the kits by the Eiffel Tower and visiting many of the Paris icons.
5. Final lunch at Saint Valery du Somme. Offering a choice of restaurants and a chance to display our cars.

All would add to the cost.

Lastly, Tony I was hoping to get your help on the route; so thanks for that and no doubt it will give people confidence we will have a great trip :D :D

Thanks in advance Tony.

User avatar
Fury1630
Posts: 5231
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:11 am
Location: Purgatory
Contact:

Re: Big trip. Next summer

Postby Fury1630 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:55 pm

Crunchie Gears wrote: ........ in a six person tent ..... and, for the good looking, pulling opportunities :o .


Mutually exclusive I would've thought ........ Unless you're planning to use the good looking one to lure the poor woman into the tent, then when the lights are out .........

"Sacre Bleu!, zay say you eeengleesh are reserved, but seeex times! (OK mayybe 5 & ze 'arf)"

:lol:

User avatar
ChrisL
Posts: 1563
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:42 pm
Location: Bedfordshire
Contact:

Re: Big trip. Next summer

Postby ChrisL » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:11 pm

Fury1630 wrote:
Crunchie Gears wrote: ........ in a six person tent ..... and, for the good looking, pulling opportunities :o .


Mutually exclusive I would've thought ........ Unless you're planning to use the good looking one to lure the poor woman into the tent, then when the lights are out .........

"Sacre Bleu!, zay say you eeengleesh are reserved, but seeex times! (OK mayybe 5 & ze 'arf)"

:lol:


You're doing it wrong, you go back to their gaff.

Paul,

I'm very interested but can't commit due to life stuff (no not getting divorced or another child!!!).
Yes I've been drinking, what of it!!

User avatar
leegav
Posts: 2677
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:09 am
Location: Fairford
Contact:

Re: Big trip. Next summer

Postby leegav » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:56 pm

So who is up for this bucket list trip?

1. Crunchie
2. Lee G - subject to work commitments.. il have my own tent aswell... wouldn't want you guys kept up all night... :lol: :lol:

how will we get down there? please don't say drive!
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

User avatar
Mattijs
Posts: 3177
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:41 pm
Location: Horsham
Contact:

Re: Big trip. Next summer

Postby Mattijs » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:12 pm

Paul, as I've said before, I have some catching up to do regarding trips, Alps, and cols, so I'm definitely up for this:

1. Crunchie
2. Lee G - subject to work commitments.. il have my own tent aswell... wouldn't want you guys kept up all night... :lol: :lol:
3. Mattijs

User avatar
Crunchie Gears
Posts: 3600
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: Bracknell
Contact:

Re: Big trip. Next summer

Postby Crunchie Gears » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:08 pm

ChrisL wrote:
Fury1630 wrote:
Crunchie Gears wrote: ........ in a six person tent ..... and, for the good looking, pulling opportunities :o .


Mutually exclusive I would've thought ........ Unless you're planning to use the good looking one to lure the poor woman into the tent, then when the lights are out .........

"Sacre Bleu!, zay say you eeengleesh are reserved, but seeex times! (OK mayybe 5 & ze 'arf)"

:lol:


You're doing it wrong, you go back to their gaff.

Paul,

I'm very interested but can't commit due to life stuff (no not getting divorced or another child!!!).



Chris it will not be the same without you. Get yourself sorted :D :D

User avatar
Crunchie Gears
Posts: 3600
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: Bracknell
Contact:

Re: Big trip. Next summer

Postby Crunchie Gears » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:10 pm

Mattijs wrote:Paul, as I've said before, I have some catching up to do regarding trips, Alps, and cols, so I'm definitely up for this:

1. Crunchie
2. Lee G - subject to work commitments.. il have my own tent aswell... wouldn't want you guys kept up all night... :lol: :lol:
3. Mattijs



Good you guys are up for this :D

As a teaser (I hope this works). Click here to watch a video of a Jaguar XKR driving up the Col du Donon

Could be day one :shock:

User avatar
Crunchie Gears
Posts: 3600
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: Bracknell
Contact:

Re: Big trip. Next summer

Postby Crunchie Gears » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:11 pm

Ok it did not work! :oops:

I will fire up the PC and get it on


Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests