Rallye des Jonquilles 14th April 2013

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

MangoFury
Site Admin

Rallye des Jonquilles 14th April 2013

Postby MangoFury » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:38 pm

I have received the booking form the next rally in France from Bruno at La Grange. http://www.lagrangeauxdamiers.com/

You can download the rallye entry form from this link: http://www.southernkitcars.com/Downloads/Entry%20form%20-%20Rallye%20des%20Jonquilles%202013.pdf

Bruno also sent a booking form for a hotel with reduced rates in the town of Aire Sur La Lys where the rally starts and finishes.

Hotel website: http://www.logisdelalys.com/

See what you think, but I like the idea of a change from Bethune town centre. The hotel looks quite nice, has a restuarant so there would be no need to get taxis or walk back to the hotel after the Saturday evening beers and food for those not in a central Bethune hotel.
The booking form for the hotel can be downloaded from this link: http://www.southernkitcars.com/Downloads/booking%20Hotel.pdf

Thoughts on the hotel?

It would be great to see a bigger contingent from the SKCC than we had in the September rally and from past experience it will be a brilliant weekend.
The idea is to go out via the Eurotunnel shuttle on Saturday morning, drive on those fantastic French (and maybe even Belgian) roads until we stop for lunch. More driving on incredibly empty and fun roads until a late afternoon arrival at the overnight hotel. The rally takes up all of Sunday and includes a superb lunch stop in typical French style. After the afternoon rallye stint it's back to he town square for the prizegiving and then returning to Calais for the tunnel crossing. The rally itself is a roadbook style event with the navigator reading out the "tulip" diagram instructions with an added element of looking for markers or scenic features which gain extra points for the team. It really is a great weekend and the roads in Northern France are perfect for our type of cars. It will be so much more fun that parking your car in the field at the Detling show which happens to be the same weekend :D :D

If you are interested please put your name down below, download the entry form, complete it, email it to the address on the form and pay via paypal as per the form instructions.
For the tunnel crossing, the Eurotunnel website as of today shows the following prices for the crossing that three of us have already booked.

OUT
(local time) Short Stay Saver Fare | Folkestone to Calais | Saturday 13 April 2013
Check-in closes 09:20 Departure time 09:50 Arrival time 11:25 £49

BACK
(local time) Short Stay Saver Fare | Calais to Folkestone | Sunday 14 April 2013
Check-in closes 19:50 Departure time 20:20 Arrival time 19:55 £49

The current state of play from the earlier thread I started on the subject is this:
1/ MangoFury - Tunnel Booked
2/ WingCo
3/ LeeGav (work permitting)
4/ Larkingabout (baby permitting)
5/ Crunchie Gears
6/ Fury 1630 - Tunnel Booked
7/ David T - Tunnel Booked
8/ Worxbusa Phil
9/ ?
2009 Fisher Fury, 2 litre standard Zetec, Honda TBs, Megasquirt ECU

MangoFury
Site Admin

Re: Rallye des Jonquilles 14th April 2013

Postby MangoFury » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:35 pm

1/ MangoFury - Tunnel Booked Entry form and payment sent
2/ WingCo
5/ Crunchie Gears
8/ Worxbusa Phil
9/ ?

Worxbusa Phil

Postby Worxbusa Phil » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:42 pm

2/ WingCo
5/ Crunchie Gears
8/ Worxbusa Phil (sorry I am out of this can not make it)
9/ ?

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:07 pm

For me, I'd rather stay more local to the start point, it was a bit of a faff getting the taxi-bus into Bethune last year. But obviously I'm happy to go with the majority. My French is non-existant, but is that 66Euro for a single room, 77ish for a twin? Any idea what the discounted rates are?

Just been looking at the menu - if we stay there, we're in for a culinary treat! I think thier French - English translation has gone a little awry - though it's much better that my English - French.

Andouille and foot of pig 16.50 €
Salmon wipes in the sorrel 15 €
Rack of piglet 17 €
Scrod and Crawfishes 17 €
Flank and shallots 16.50 €
Marrowbone 10 €
Doughnuts of squids 8 €
Welsh 14.50 €
Salad with raw vegetables 11 €

MangoFury
Site Admin

Postby MangoFury » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:07 am

Fury1630 wrote:My French is non-existant, but is that 66Euro for a single room, 77ish for a twin? Any idea what the discounted rates are?

The special rates are on the hotel booking download form. Though having done a conversion they don't look discounted by a lot...

MangoFury
Site Admin

Postby MangoFury » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:39 am

Just been looking around at other hotels. Although the one I put in the original post is close, this one is only 20 minutes from the rallye start and looks rather nice:
http://www.sapiniere.net/uk/ADSL/presentation.html
Same price as the original one if booked through Booking.com.

By the way the list of entrants is here: http://www.lagrangeauxdamiers.com/categorie-10230174.html

@Lee - a lot of UK entered Minis in the rally, so you would feel at home :)

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:24 pm

D
How did you enter & pay? I have the form printed off, I guess I fill it in, scan it & e-mail it, then pay with payPal?

It gives "[email protected]" as the PayPal payment address, is that also the e-mail address you've neen using?

Cheers

T

Furyblade_Lee

Postby Furyblade_Lee » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:28 pm

I will probobly take part this time in the mini, but I am just waiting on the 2013 sprint dates to come out and check nothing clashes

Mattijs

Postby Mattijs » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:50 pm

How does this work? I assume everyone needs (and has?) a navigator?

hearntd

Postby hearntd » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:50 pm

2/ WingCo
5/ Crunchie Gears
8/ Worxbusa Phil (sorry I am out of this can not make it)
9/ Trevor (diary is yet to be confirmed so will confirm in the next couple of days) plus a good incentive to get that bloody engine in!!!!

I am easy hotel wise both look good and I am up for being closer to the start should save some fuel which will be nice too :D
Last edited by hearntd on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
who's more foolish.....

the fool or the fool who follows him???

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”