musicians/singers

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

bigstuff

musicians/singers

Postby bigstuff » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:51 pm

There must be some in our midst, I've not been a member long and I'm not going to trawl everybodys profile, so are there any other musicians among you, if so, what do you play and what music do you like ?
One is one too many and one too many is never enough.

Nick

Re: musicians/singers

Postby Nick » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:25 pm

bigstuff wrote:There must be some in our midst, I've not been a member long and I'm not going to trawl everybodys profile, so are there any other musicians among you, if so, what do you play and what music do you like ?

I have played guitar for many years, and also played with members of ace,they had there hit 'how long' I play most things from John Denver to pink floyd.

Jam nights were great, turn up with your guitar, put your name and what instrument you play on the list and wait to be called. Playing with players that you've never meet always gave the evening a real twist.

Over to you.

Nash

Postby Nash » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:29 pm

Nick wrote:
bigstuff wrote:There must be some in our midst, I've not been a member long and I'm not going to trawl everybodys profile, so are there any other musicians among you, if so, what do you play and what music do you like ?

I have played guitar for many years, and also played with members of ace,they had there hit 'how long' I play most things from John Denver to pink floyd.

Jam nights were great, turn up with your guitar, put your name and what instrument you play on the list and wait to be called. Playing with players that you've never meet always gave the evening a real twist.

Over to you.

No video didn't happen ;)
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

steve m

Postby steve m » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:41 pm

I look like phil collins, does that count?
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Nick

Postby Nick » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:47 pm

Nash wrote:
Nick wrote:

Over to you.

No video didn't happen ;)

I even played at my wedding, check out robin biby on the nett

Red27

Postby Red27 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:07 pm

You're right, you haven't been around long if you don't know that mostly, on SKCC, we like WHITESNAKE!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a nice shiny red bass guitar, and I play it very badly - I usually plug my earphones into my Marshall amp ('cos why would you have one that doesn't go up to 11 ;) , so no-one can hear. First thing I taught myself? The end of The Chain - because what else would you start with.... One day, many years from now, I will work up to Eminence Front by the Who which, although it's not Whitesnake, is one awesome bit of playing.

I can also get several different notes out of either short pieces of cut up hose pipe, or metal tubing. Kind of like a trumpet. Does that count? Can be most annoying if you do it whilst hanging out of an upstairs window. It has caused people to fall into flower beds outside whilst gardening.
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

smokey mow

Postby smokey mow » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:34 pm

This is my instrument of choice, although I have 4 other guitars and basses :o

It's a Warwick Corvette GC36. The bass was made for the Guitar Center's 36th Anniversary and one bass was given to each of the stores, this one was from Fairfield Ohio. The top is made from Bubinga Pommelle with a Swamp Ash back, Ovangkol neck and Flamed maple fretboard.

Sadly my playing doesn't do the guitar justice but I try :oops:

Mark

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:59 pm

well Nick if you ever need a singer.......give me a shout - my range is a cross between lemmy, sid vicious, and brian jonhson...oh wait, that's just my imagination running away with me.

Mattijs

Postby Mattijs » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:30 pm

I play the guitar, mostly electric, always badly.

steve m

Postby steve m » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:51 pm

So, we have a few self confessed bad guitar players, Mark has confessed to thinking he is better than he really is at singing,
i can double up for someone famous, plus a couple of saucepans and two wooden spoons, just for effect

i can see it now, the lights, the stage, the laughter, the humilaition, Surely we are winning material for Britians got talent ???
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”