GLEE

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

2kwik

GLEE

Postby 2kwik » Thu May 26, 2011 8:32 pm

OK Folks, not a good idea to split threads however old, would have been better to bump the old one back to the top, but for the newcomers to the site we talked about this plan a while ago and its set in the diary - it IS happening. Mad as it sounds 9 and is ) we're going to do Lands End for Brekkie, yep its bonkers which is exactly why we're doing it. One day you'll sit your grand kids down and say......'back in the day, i was a complete fruit loop and i went to Cornwall and back - just to prove it could be done'
Date:-
16th Jul

Route:-
A303 / A30, down, with the option of cutting straight across Dartmoor on the way back if there's time.

Start point:-
Popham services on the A303 @ 5:00

"Official" End point:-
Popham services @ 22:00, though I intend to stay in formation as long as possible, probably to the A331 / M3 junction

Participants:-
Tony H, Mark G, Neil N, Tony B, Kenton, Bob (bobg_24)?????????, Nigel (2kwik),

Rest stops:-
Down - two fuel stops + a longish leg stretch & strong coffee at Exeter (ish).
There - breakfast at Land's End.
Back - 2-3 hour break at Porth (near Newquay), longish leg-stretches & strong coffees at Exeter, Cartgate, & Popham.

Anyone else 'in' for this.....i cant say 'go on you know it makes sense' - but shout out if you're a sandwich short of a picnic
Fun is not a straight line

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: GLEE

Postby greenwoo » Thu May 26, 2011 8:36 pm

Bog G had his name in t he ring at one stage, not sure if you're still coming along Bob???

2kwik

Postby 2kwik » Thu May 26, 2011 8:39 pm

pulled out during the last thread, methinks. Apologies if I got that wrong. Bob?

Nash

Postby Nash » Thu May 26, 2011 10:19 pm

Who's blue**dye idea was this :D
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Mouldy

Postby Mouldy » Fri May 27, 2011 7:59 am

Meh.....!!!

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... u%20choose!

Not sure my body would take this in a BEC but I'm tempted!!!

bobg_24

Postby bobg_24 » Fri May 27, 2011 6:51 pm

You've got it right - I'm out unfortunately. :cry:

My sister & her family are dropping in that weekend on their way back to Scotland after holidaying in France.

Bob

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Sat May 28, 2011 5:15 pm

I'm Still in - I'll be using this trip to run in my new BGH gearbox.

T

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:35 am

@ Tony ( or anyone else ).....

Do we think it a good idea to pre-plan a cple of petrol / refreshment ( strecth the legs ) stops. That way we aren't forced to keep in convoy ( i'd imagine that at that time of day we're likely for the 1st part to be able to run together)....but if we know that we're stopping at xx services anyone needing longer than say a 10 minute break coudl scoot on ahead......

normally i'd reckon that an hour and a quarter to an hour and a half is about right between stops.......although happy to go with the flow. If we were to work to that we'd need to guesstimate where we'd get to from teh beginning of the 303 after that kind of time and pick a garage / rest spot that is likely to be open at say 6.30!

i think barring Nigel everyone else has Sat nav so easy enough to pop in STOPS into the itn.

discuss people....

2kwik

Postby 2kwik » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:05 pm

I will clearly have to get mine to BD Engineering for a RR session before then but guess it is less about how far a tank of fuel will last and more about how much your back aches. Logically it is better to have the breaks at appropriately placed fuel stops so we don't double up. I assume your clever gadgets can drop said fuel stops on to the route so why not every 90 minutes or so?? Discuss.

Mouldy

Postby Mouldy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:10 pm

I would need at least two stops, probably three. If I was to sign up that is......!

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”