How To ... Check if your TomTom has Itinerary Planning

Get the most from your device: loading itn's, finding points of interest - and much more.

Moderator: Contaminated

Red27

How To ... Check if your TomTom has Itinerary Planning

Postby Red27 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:49 pm

If Itinerary Planning is an option available on your TomTom, you will find it as a separate, highest level menu option. Although it might seem logical to look for it as a sub-option to the high level “Navigate To” menu option, this isn’t the case.
Turn your TomTom on, and scroll through the menu screens, by pressing on the forward arrow

until you find the menu option called Itinerary Planning

If you are unable to find Itinerary Planning as an option in this way, then effectively it is not available on your TomTom. If it is an older model, then the functionality was probably never there. If it is a newer model, then it may be there, but “hidden” from view. There are various support forums on the internet which list the models where this might apply, and provide instructions on how to “hack” your TomTom’s menu screen to reinstate the Itinerary Planning menu option so that you can then access that “hidden” functionality.

If you believe your TomTom falls into this latter category, do take a back up first (can be done through TomTom Home), and be aware that if it is still under warranty, any action like this on your part will void that.

If you’re looking to be a new/refurbed TomTom, then if you’re going to a shop, ask for a demo of the model you are interested in. You know what to look for. If buying over the internet, and you have the ability to contact the seller, then you can copy the illustration above into an email to ensure you get a definitive answer on whether your intended purchase has Itinerary Planning. Or, help you get a refund if you are “misled”, as your question will have been hard to misinterpret.
Last edited by Red27 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

steve m

Re: How To ... Check if your TomTom has Itinerary Planning

Postby steve m » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:15 pm

I am looking for a new Tom tom, but it must have itinery planning, and just wondered if any one has bought one recently, and if so, which model to look/go for ?

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:59 pm

I'd be lost without mine
9 is more than a number

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:29 pm

boom boom

i still use the xxl which generally are available via ebay ......

steve m

Postby steve m » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:48 am

Thanks Mark, just looking at a couple on ebay, and one even has a picky of the itn on the screen :D

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Red27

Postby Red27 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:33 pm

Which will be why I put the piccy up of what to look for, because good eBayer's often do lots of screenshots, and you can be certain you're getting the right one - or demand reparation if they send something that doesn't. Prices are going up these days though. Bagged a spare last year which was still "cheap" because it was only UK&I, which is fine for me.
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

Return to “Sat Nav - all things Sat Nav”