Detling 2011 - Coming along? New info, your comment needed

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

Contaminated

Detling 2011 - Coming along? New info, your comment needed

Postby Contaminated » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:47 pm

All - it's time to try and organise Detling 2011!

ImageImageImage
Now I know it can be annoying when you are asked to commit to something a couple of months away, but please bear with me and take a look below. If you are 80% or more sure that you can make it please stick your name down.

Last year we had a good turn out at Detling, both at the pre-meet at 7 Indulgence and at the showground. If anything we needed a bit more space. During and after the show last year we had some good feedback from the punters, several of whom commented that we had the best club stand. This year we'd like to go one better, attend both days, attract a bit of publicity and raise some money for charity.

I think it's fair to say that with the exception of SKCC Detling has been a bit of a wash out over the last few years. The show has always been too early in the year, which means cars are not always on the road ready for summer and the weather is unpredictable at best. This has a knock-on effect on the trade stands and overall attendance - although more people attended Detling last year than Exeter.

In an effort to put this right the organisers have moved the event to 21st-22nd May 2011 and are making some serious effort this year. This means we stand a better chance of some decent weather and, for those that want to, take advantage of a live band and food in the evening and a bit of drag racing during the day!

We have several bits and pieces planned this year including our own entertainment, food, a pre-meet for those that want to arrive in convoy and a bit of fun and games to raise some money for charity (which amongst other things will probably include asking a donation in return for a drive of the SKCC Scalextric track!). We'd also like to encourage people to attend both days and camp over for a bit of a laugh on the saturday night - although if you can only attend one day that's no problem either. If you do fancy camping it's only £6 per adult and £2 per child.

The above is only going to work if we can estimate the numbers that will turn up on both the Saturday and the Sunday because we need to book our pitch. With around 250 members and a South/South-East bias we should honestly be able to blow any other club away in terms of attendance. The reality is that of that number some cars won't be built yet, others will be off the road, some people will be on holiday etc etc. I would hope however that we could manage 25 to 30 cars per day if we put our minds to it - which would get us a nice sized pitch.

At a later stage we can talk about some of the things we can get involved with over the weekend, but for now could I ask for a show of hands regarding who would like their car to be on the stand, which day (or both) and whether you fancing camping.

Right i need to know who would like food or food + beer. Obviously day trippers will be limited to soft drinks! I can't tell you exact costs until i know numbers and can work things out but typically: a 'meal deal' burger/chickentikka/sausage + a soft drink would be approx £5.
overnighters with beers + brekkie would likely be £20.
AND.....we talked about having a pre-show meet for brekkie on the way to the Show, this would be at a pub that would open to do us brekkie 5 mins from junc m20/m26. This would be Sat only and would be to meet at say 10.00 to get away from there at 11.00 to get to the Show for 11.30

Thanks chaps.

Saturday 21st May
1/ Dan (camping)
2/ Mark G (camping)
3/ Neil (camping)
4/ Nigel (camping)
5/ Hugh
6/
7/

Sunday 22nd May
1/ Dan
2/ Mark G
3/ Neil
4/ Nigel
5/
6/
7/

terry

Re: Detling 2011 - PLEASE HAVE A READ

Postby terry » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:56 pm

Terry and Swmbo both days (NO camping)

Contaminated

Postby Contaminated » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:00 pm

terry wrote:Terry and Swmbo both days (NO camping)

Cheers Terry - good effort!

Saturday 21st May
1/ Dan (camping)
2/ Mark G (camping)
3/ Neil (camping)
4/ Nigel (camping)
5/ Hugh
6/ Terry +1
7/Tony B

Sunday 22nd May
1/ Dan
2/ Mark G
3/ Neil
4/ Nigel
5/ Hugh
6/ Terry +1
7/ Tony B

daxmatt

Postby daxmatt » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:38 pm

Just realised I,m on holiday, so I,m out

Contaminated

Postby Contaminated » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:16 pm

daxmatt wrote:Just realised I,m on holiday, so I,m out

That is just not acceptable Matthew. Can't you re-arrange it?!

locost220

Postby locost220 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:22 pm

Saturday 21st May
1/ Dan (camping)
2/ Mark G (camping)
3/ Neil (camping)
4/ Nigel (camping)
5/ Hugh
6/ Terry +1
7/Tony B
8/Richard, possible.

Sunday 22nd May
1/ Dan
2/ Mark G
3/ Neil
4/ Nigel
5/ Hugh
6/ Terry +1
7/ Tony
8/ Richard
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

kenton

Postby kenton » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:56 pm

Saturday 21st May
1/ Dan (camping)
2/ Mark G (camping)
3/ Neil (camping)
4/ Nigel (camping)
5/ Hugh
6/ Terry +1
7/Tony B
8/Richard, possible.
9/Kenton

Sunday 22nd May
1/ Dan
2/ Mark G
3/ Neil
4/ Nigel
5/ Hugh
6/ Terry +1
7/ Tony
8/ Richard - tbc - possible

locost220

Postby locost220 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:06 pm

okay who's playing silly buggers i said i could do sunday, it was saturday as well i was not sure about or is that my new name Richard - tbc

Saturday 21st May
1/ Dan (camping)
2/ Mark G (camping)
3/ Neil (camping)
4/ Nigel (camping)
5/ Hugh
6/ Terry +1
7/Tony B
8/Richard, possible.
9/Kenton

Sunday 22nd May
1/ Dan
2/ Mark G
3/ Neil
4/ Nigel
5/ Hugh
6/ Terry +1
7/ Tony
8/ Richard
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:33 pm

Saturday 21st May
1/ Dan (camping)
2/ Mark G (camping)
3/ Neil (camping)
4/ Nigel (camping)
5/ Hugh
6/ Terry +1
7/Tony B (camping)
8/Richard, possible.
9/Kenton
10/paul/linda camping

Sunday 22nd May
1/ Dan
2/ Mark G
3/ Neil
4/ Nigel
5/ Hugh
6/ Terry +1
7/ Tony
8/ Richard
9/paul/linda

Packman

Postby Packman » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:59 am

What a shame that the organisers have moved the dates. It means that I am going to miss the Detling show for the first time since 1997 as I will be on holiday! My friend, Gary Miles (A Tiger Super Six Owner) has always come with me. I suspect that he will attend on his own this year. You may have to prise him away from the Kent Kit Car Club area but I'm sure he will support you.

Sorry but Gary is not a computer type of guy, so I will mention that I have put him forward for this.

Have a good show. I suspect that I will see some of you during the summer though.

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”