heated jackets and gloves

Look in here for tips on buying a 'Kit', using Sat Nav, keeping your car in 'good nick' - and more......

Moderator: Contaminated

leegav

Re: heated jackets and gloves

Postby leegav » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:09 pm

Thanks guys
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

Rexholme

Postby Rexholme » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:05 pm

Lee, a guy with your background has probably heard of and used Buffalo. Granted the gloves will not be suitable but what about the tops? Layering with their Mountain Shirts and Gore outter?

Flyingtiger

Postby Flyingtiger » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:32 pm

Tiger Supercat 2.0 Zetec.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:40 am

ha ha......basically the idiots version of our DIY jackets

scotty

Postby scotty » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:22 pm

just so you dont, i have used the keiss stuff on a bike and even on the low setting its sodding hot and thats out in the air with out any body work,it can be turn on and off but its well over kill for a kit so dont be tempted to buy it new(lots comes up 2nd hand and may be worth it)
Luego with a mighty 104bhp!!!

leegav

Postby leegav » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:09 am

After 10 years of getting away with it...and my fingers almost falling off last weekend ive finally gone and purchased a heated jacket and some heated gloves.

It brings back memories of when i first joined the club and lived in central london. Up at 430 am to meet Graham then onto meet the gang and been wrapped up like a bloody eskimo... but never having an issue with the cold really even in the snow!... how things change!

My hands last weekend were frozen and i think ive actually damaged them :lol: :lol:

Keis inner gloves and the Keis heated premuim vest and a controller is what ive gone for. Going to wire it up to the master kill switch tonight and sit in the garage and turn it on :lol: :lol: . Really impressed with the quality and buying 2 sizes smaller than your usual size is essential for a nice fit.

I will report on how well they keep me warm in a week or so when i can test them out. :D
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:18 am

leegav wrote:
Keis inner gloves and the Keis heated premuim vest and a controller is what ive gone for. Going to wire it up to the master kill switch tonight and sit in the garage and turn it on :lol: :lol: . Really impressed with the quality and buying 2 sizes smaller than your usual size is essential for a nice fit.

That’s the set up I have Lee. Keep me toasty even with the 5:45 starts mid winter. Great kit. You can run the vest off a battery or the mains so it gives you options. I usually run mine on the lowest setting as the hottest one is almost uncomfortably hot. Middle one is ok for really cold starts but soon gets turned down.

Personal preference but I wouldn’t use any other kit having tried others over the years.

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:07 am

I use a pair of bike heated gloves that are powered by the car they work well and no batteries to go flat
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 4540086031

The link Doesn't seem to work anymore Matt.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:02 pm

If you search eBay the ones I have are Oxford heated gloves they are a little bit bulky but do the job

SJLB

Postby SJLB » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:14 pm

Kies heated vest for me too
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

Return to “Useful Info - tips, tricks ....”