Southampton (ish) members assemble!!

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Rexholme

Re: Southampton (ish) members assemble!!

Postby Rexholme » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:50 pm

Hammy wrote:Hi mate,
Theres a few of us on the Surrey/Hants border, Farnham, Fleet, Frimley and Guildford to name a few. You're down the road mate

Ropley is about half-way and from memory has some decent roads up through Preston Candover and Fairleigh Wallop. Maybe breakfast at the Departure Lounge Cafe and blat down the Lasham/Alton Road?

Equally David T or Tony H put together a cracking run from Farnham via Ashford Hangers / Little Switzerland, finishing at the White Horse (Petersfield) which could easily be adapted https://southernkitcars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10684

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:12 pm

Theyve changed the speed limits on the 339 now, feels quite bland in a kit IMO. Great brekky at the departure lounge though. Tilford road out of Farnham is very good I have just discovered

andyf

Postby andyf » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:59 pm

Hammy wrote:Theyve changed the speed limits on the 339 now, feels quite bland in a kit IMO. Great brekky at the departure lounge though. Tilford road out of Farnham is very good I have just discovered

There are more technical ways of getting down there that David seems to know well. I'm getting better at remembering where to go but not quite there yet ;)
MkII Marlin Roadster with Ford 2.0L Pinto and Type 9 gearbox. Going for the oily rag restoration look :-)

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:58 am

I am up for a run out or two. I have been quite missing recently and need to do something about it :oops:

Paul

Rexholme

Postby Rexholme » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:20 am

Rexholme wrote:
Equally David T or Tony H put together a cracking run from Farnham via Ashford Hangers / Little Switzerland, finishing at the White Horse (Petersfield) which could easily be adapted

I have just found the .itn for this runout in my email :D

Rexholme

Postby Rexholme » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:19 pm

So I have adapted the .itn creating various runs around Ashford Hangers, Petersfield:

1) Devil's Punch Bowl Cafe to the Departure Lounge Cafe (10am Sunday opening)
2) Ropley to Devil's Punch Bowl Cafe, Hindhead (9am Sunday opening)
3) Variants on the above that end at Loomies Cafe (8am Sunday opening)

Happy to share and get peoples thoughts; PM me your email if you want to have a look.

Return to “Car Related Discussion”