Funny old year

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Funny old year

Postby greenwoo » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:27 pm

Last year i kicked myself and resolved to get out more during the lighter evenings....fate has conspired to knock that on the head.

For those that know her, Sue (wifey) is still not out of the woods with her eye issues, a further Op planned for this week and as a consequence i've taken to spending more time around at home during the weekends. Which in turn made me forget umpteen times that I was supposed to be taking the fuel tank out of the car for a modification.....
I mean, why wouldn't i forget - i only walk past that garage which is 2 doors down from my home office about 8 times a day....

A couple of times i've been hunting for tools ----ok busted, i lost my angle grinder and as a last resort looked in that garage; 'Bugger, i knew i was supposed to do something to the car'....and by the time i walk back past i'd forgotten. Could be early onset of losing my marbles, or just juggling too much crap. Either way the car remains in exactly the same place as it did the night I got home from the EU trip.

Added to which i decide that i was becoming/had become ( delete as appropriate ) a fat old bastard, so have been gyming a few nights a week. All of sudden its dark by 9pm, no run mid week runs, no weekend runs....

anyway, with a bit of luck the tank will come out this week - i enlisted a pair of hands to do what i can't/won't find time for. And hopefully in a 3-4 weeks it'll go back in the car and i'll be out and about once again.

the purpose of the note....well, mainly to let folks know i'm still around, still enjoy the car and that my absence on sunday runs will hopefully be over soon!!

Wingco

Re: Funny old year

Postby Wingco » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:32 am

Very sorry to here Sue is still having a few issues M. She will appreciate you being around helping out, there is plenty of time for fun in your car.
Hope Sue's opp goes well and this is the final hurdle for you both.
Send Sue our love for a speedy recovery, hope to see you out again when you can.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:37 am

In fairness you’ve been a fat old bastard since I met you.... please please please send photos/videos of you in the gym though mate, that’s a must see :lol: :lol:
9 is more than a number

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:24 am

please send photos/videos of you in the gym though mate, that’s a must see

can't i'm way too tired......oh wait, you're looking for inspiration to lose a bit of your timber?

Nash

Postby Nash » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:34 pm

Hello Mark and welcome to the club. You are among friends here as there are plenty of fat [email protected] lazy to get out more and full of excuses for keeping the car in the garage.

We do like new members to put up a picture of their car but if you can't find it under all the 'life' in your garage we will accept a picture of you pumping iron / holding the spraying mantis yoga position in you leotard (delete as appropriate).

Once again welcome

;)
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:45 pm

Your excused Mark.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:06 pm

Obviously, I hope Sue's operation goes well this week.

After that, it'll be good to see you out on some runs. I've just got back from the family holiday, so I should be out next weekend :)

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:17 pm

I hope Sue's operation goes well.
If you need a hand with your car just shout I'm sure I could get round to help out if needed.
See you out and about again soon

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:58 pm

Yeah all the best mark and sue, hope the op goes well,
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:55 pm

Hope all goes well with the Op Mark.