WOW (Way Out West) Sun 21Jul

Info on upcoming Runs will be posted here, members are also welcome to add details of any 'meets' within that sub-forum.

Moderator: Contaminated

nelmo

Re: WOW (Way Out West) Sun 21Jul

Postby nelmo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:09 pm

David T wrote:Last time Blackbushe was western start point. Those from east had already grouped and picked us up on the way. Newlands or Horsham is east for us, so we be back-tracking. If easier, you could meet us around the M3/A303 junction area. After that it is all west.

Ah no, that's cool - I've obviously got where you live wrong - thought you were further east than that...ignore me, carry on... ;)

Joehale1987

Postby Joehale1987 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:44 pm

I may well be able to tag along to the trip after all if there is space for another!

Last kin change of plans and all that. Meet you part way and tag on from there if that's OK.

David T

Postby David T » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:39 am

Joehale1987 wrote:I may well be able to tag along to the trip after all if there is space for another!

Last kin change of plans and all that. Meet you part way and tag on from there if that's OK.

Sure Joe. Maybe you can take a look at the route after I've shared it and meet us en-route.

Joehale1987

Postby Joehale1987 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:48 am

Sounds like a marvellous idea! I will keep an eye out for the route.

I know you guys use TYRE from time to time. I have Tom Tom on my phone, can it be used on that or just a standard Tom Tom GPS unit? Either way I will make it work!

David T

Postby David T » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:51 am

1. David T
2. Tony H (route sent via email)
3. Neil H (route sent via email)
4. Martin T (route sent via email)
5. Simon A
6. Gary P (route sent via email)
7. Hammy
8. Joe Hale

For the others, PM me with your email address if you'd like the route. Otherwise, we can make sure you stay in loose formation.

Cheers,

David.

David T

Postby David T » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:55 am

Joehale1987 wrote:Sounds like a marvellous idea! I will keep an eye out for the route.

I know you guys use TYRE from time to time. I have Tom Tom on my phone, can it be used on that or just a standard Tom Tom GPS unit? Either way I will make it work!

TYRE has not worked for me for some time. I think they stopped maintaining it in line with the the Google API that powers it. Instead looks like they go more to an on-line subscription based service. So that was a bummer. :? Until this morning, when I find the new version of ITN Converter works flawlessly. :D

I've sent both CoPilot and TomTom files, so you should be able to download the TomTom version into the routes folder for your app on your phone. I use CoPilot, so can't confirm, but don't see why it wouldn't work.

Joehale1987

Postby Joehale1987 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:11 am

No problem at all.

I use Tom Tom Go premium, so its £15 per year (or a quid something a month) and gives you all the map updates and allows you access to Tomtom MyDrive where you can create routes and share them in GPX format for the mobile app and the traditional stand alone units I believe. The other bonus is you can add friends so you can see where they are on the map at all times while on the journey, probably quite handy on a run out like tomorrows?

I haven't used the MyDrive properly yet but seems like a good bit of kit for this sort of thing. Its a shame someone like WAZE doesn't offer a route creation and sharing tool that's any good for free. Hey Ho.

Drop the file over when you can and I will see if it works.

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:01 pm

What an awesome run out! Absolutely loved it after doing 200 miles of post build shakedown it was awesome and confidence boosting to go and mix it with loads of other kits. I'm blown away, adrenaline still leaving my body! I put a 190 miles on it today :D :D

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Hammy wrote:What an awesome run out! Absolutely loved it after doing 200 miles of post build shakedown it was awesome and confidence boosting to go and mix it with loads of other kits. I'm blown away, adrenaline still leaving my body! I put a 190 miles on it today :D :D

Pics coz it did happen....

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:45 pm

Great run out - lovely weather, although played cat and mouse with the only rain cloud in the UK on the way home :D

First time on the Zig-Zag hill, that was fun apart from almost going into the bank on the first corner, not realising how tight it was :shock:

Went and did it a second time - here's some horrendous video where my car sounds like a tractor, for some reason - it felt much quicker than it looks :D

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NkvPXDuYrD8uoBp27

Return to “Group Events, Run Outs and Local Meets”