Longest you've waited for kit parts?

Off Topic Forum for all non car comments and disussion

Moderator: Contaminated

Weathers

Longest you've waited for kit parts?

Postby Weathers » Wed May 22, 2019 12:32 pm

My personal "best" from Westfield is order 26/03/19 deliver 22/05/19..... A day over the 8 of the 6-8 weeks estimated delivery time. Uprated brake disks and pads for the rear of the Westy (I already have the fronts in a box on the shelf).

So it got me thinking this might be good for some horror stories and a laugh or perhaps it's too raw and it's still tears……. :lol: :shock: :cry:

What's the longest you've waited for kit car parts, what were they and, if you can say, from who?

nelmo

Re: Longest you've waited for kit parts?

Postby nelmo » Wed May 22, 2019 3:52 pm

I waited 5 months (!!!) for my roof from SoftBits. They sent me one after about 7 weeks but it was the wrong size, so they had to start again :evil:

I also had to wait about 7 weeks for my seats from Intatrim, when they promised 4 weeks.

kenton

Postby kenton » Wed May 22, 2019 5:03 pm

I lent Rob my spare new fuel pump on last years roadtrip. That was 11 months ago. Still waiting for it to be returned. To be fair he did pass on a used one on a run a few weeks back however it was the wrong size so it wont fit my car. Do I win??? :(

Nash

Postby Nash » Wed May 22, 2019 5:07 pm

kenton wrote:I lent Rob my spare new fuel pump on last years roadtrip. That was 11 months ago. Still waiting for it to be returned. To be fair he did pass on a used one on a run a few weeks back however it was the wrong size so it wont fit my car. Do I win??? :(

In fairness that fuel pump doesn't fit his either ;)
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

SteveRST

Postby SteveRST » Wed May 22, 2019 5:30 pm

Hmm, Kinda the other way round... supplier waiting for kit car owner to collect parts :lol:
On our Megablat road trip in Italy I was experiencing alternator failure and placed an overnight delivery order for a new alternator from a garage near the Bormio Pass. That was 3 years ago and I've not been back to collect it or pay for it yet :roll: :oops:

More recently though, I ordered a carbon diffuser from Carbon NV. Order placed and paid for 12 December 2018. Was finally delivered 18 April 2019. Must be karma :lol:
Westfield Zetec turbo & Westfield Megabusa turbo

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Wed May 22, 2019 5:31 pm

kenton wrote:I lent Rob my spare new fuel pump on last years roadtrip. That was 11 months ago. Still waiting for it to be returned. To be fair he did pass on a used one on a run a few weeks back however it was the wrong size so it wont fit my car. Do I win??? :(

You don’t go on much about it do you :roll:
Cheers for the help though :lol:
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

locost220

Postby locost220 » Wed May 22, 2019 5:51 pm

Was waiting for this all day but could not remember the details
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Wed May 22, 2019 7:42 pm

When I had a wishbone failure on the Mac1 they said they'd have a replacement delivered by the following week, think it was about 3 months. Hence why most of these muppets will never be more than what they are. Softbits were equally as special apart from my last dealing with them where they were superb.
9 is more than a number

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Wed May 22, 2019 8:21 pm

I gave up with Westfield after waiting almost 3 months for a new nosecone, ended up cancelling the order in the end!

Have to say though I think the fuel pump wins this thread hands down, bloody builders

kenton

Postby kenton » Wed May 22, 2019 9:17 pm

Generally I've had great service from all the people that I've dealt with.
Softbits have always done a fab job for me and within the timeframe quoted.
Recently my chassis was rebuilt within a week from me making the first phone call and as for the carbon bits..... :lol:

Return to “General Discussion - Non Car Related”