My MEV GType build - MX5 Mk2 donor

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Hammy

Re: My MEV GType build - MX5 Mk2 donor

Postby Hammy » Sun May 19, 2019 2:41 pm

Tony C wrote:Good luck sorting the emissions, can you run more than one map? The Fury had three; performance, economy and MOT!

Cheers Tony, yep Im sure I can but am hoping its a simple fix, see my thread on Emissions fail mate.

Cheers

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Sun May 19, 2019 3:56 pm

Wingco wrote:Nice one Hammy great result you must be chuffed ? hope it want be to much long and you can get out and enjoy your build.

I am mate, very. I'd have been a bit miffed if they were able to do the speed test and I got a fail on something I couldnt see or change in ref to emissions but it turns out it all worked in my favour and no fee for continuation test mate.

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Fri May 24, 2019 5:23 pm

All sorted with Skuzzle doing a remote session on my ecu/car. The narrow band optimal target setting was way out. Continuation test on 3rd June

Amazing watching someone control your engine from 35 miles away! :D

Rexholme

Postby Rexholme » Mon May 27, 2019 9:49 pm

Just catching back up on things having taken some time out - looks bl**dy awesome, great job.

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Tue May 28, 2019 6:31 pm

Rexholme wrote:Just catching back up on things having taken some time out - looks bl**dy awesome, great job.

Thanks mate. Not sorted yet though. Have ordered a new CAT, Lambda and plugs. Booked in to Skuzzle for a custom CAT back on the 13th. My temporary exhuast ahd a metre and half of stainles flexi which is now black (leaking air).

13th at Skuzzle, 17th IVA continuation test for speedo and we should be OTR! :D

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:49 pm

So Dave is coming over again with his trailer on Thursday and hopefully by Monday afternoon I'll be telling you all about my pass certificate for IVA.....

Ignore position of the lights and the side panel blocking 'the sphere' it will all change later.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:02 pm

fingers crossed for you John....

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:51 pm

Thanks Mark, hopefully all will be good!

David T

Postby David T » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:55 am

Good luck!

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:51 pm

Very confident for pass on Monday, Skuzzle sorted loads, old CAT spilled its guts when it was taken off and it passed the BET test at Skuzzle without even having to resort to an age related test. Driving it to VOSA on Monday and then home again. Filling out DVLA forms tomorrow (after all it's Fathers day) and will post off with my reg retention cert. 10-14 days til it's on the road proper...... @David T and SKCC West, lets get a run sorted! :-) I could do with a shake down support car or two. :-)

Thanks again to SA Dave for your trailer assistance, especially last time in pi""ing rain :-)

PS> Went to Kit Fest at the Pod today and I have to say it has the makings to be the best kit event for years. Proper petrol head stuff, no Sherry, cream tea, hampers or tartan blankets in sight!!! :-)

A great first go by Trevor Harmer of NWKCOG

Return to “Car Related Discussion”