I did a thing!

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Hammy

I did a thing!

Postby Hammy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:10 pm

Those that know me or have met me know apart from kits Im into two other cars Beemers and MX5's.....

I heard that the M140 is dropping from 3 lire 6 cylinder turbo RWD to 2 litre FWD next year so for the 1st time ever Ive placed an order for a brand new car, M140 Shadowline edition. Why? well Im telling myself and SWMBO its an investment.

My 1st world problem is the Exocet occupies the garage, the MX5 and 3 series convertible are on the drive.

She says 'which one are you selling'?

I say none :-)

I'll let you know how that pans out :-)

scotty

Re: I did a thing!

Postby scotty » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:09 am

great car.are you going yo drive it or be worried about the miles? can you convert the kitchen or another bottom floor room? you can use a microwave in most rooms after all haha
Luego with a mighty 104bhp!!!

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:39 am

scotty wrote:great car.are you going yo drive it or be worried about the miles? can you convert the kitchen or another bottom floor room? you can use a microwave in most rooms after all haha

:lol: :lol:

Definitely going to drive it mate, great idea on the kitchen and we dont have / use microwave! :)

scotty

Postby scotty » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:29 am

good to hear on both accounts(eating out it is!!) been looking at m135i for a toy my self.had a go in a few 140's and a lota fun.theres always room for more garages haha(we just moved instead)
Luego with a mighty 104bhp!!!

David T

Postby David T » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:35 pm

Always buy the garage you want, with a house attached.

leegav

Postby leegav » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:03 pm

David T wrote:Always buy the garage you want, with a house attached.

Finally got to do that after 3 houses 1 wife and a new girlfriend :lol:
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

steve m

Postby steve m » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:33 am

I always wanted a four car garage and a bedroom, however swmbo scuppered that desire, so we have a 4 bedroom and a very small single garage

And for Tony B, ive got a TV in the garage :D

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:51 pm

steve m wrote:

now that is Smart :lol:

leegav

Postby leegav » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:48 pm

steve m wrote:I always wanted a four car garage and a bedroom, however swmbo scuppered that desire, so we have a 4 bedroom and a very small single garage

steve

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

Hammy

Postby Hammy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:44 pm

My delivery date was yesterday guys, car is still in Germany.

From his boss:

The car will likely be with our PDI centre the later part of next week, at which point we will have it expedited from the normal process and prioritised through our preparation process.
Further to this, Dan has mentioned that you would like to change the colour of the wheels; this cannot be done by the factory due to it already being dispatched.
But despite that, we do have the ability to change the colour of the alloys on site here at the dealership. This costs £50+ VAT per alloy internally, if you would like me to provisionally book this in ready for the cars arrival, I can do.

Me:Hi Josh,
Thanks for your email but no, yesterday Dan said it's still at the factory. I was told you had a car in the UK for me but it had grey wheels and I would be able to collect on the 15th, now you say its being built but I cant have black wheels! I don't see why I should have to pay for you to swap some wheels from your showroom cars. Please don't respond that you have an acid stripping/blasting and powder coating facility on site there, you do not and that will only add to my frustration.

Boss' response:
John I can confirm we are taking the black wheels from our showroom and putting them on your car. In the meantime I apologise for the mis managed expectations.

Be aware gents this is after multiple calm, considered conversations via phone and email and multiple bluffs by the salesman, this is just the end of it all. April maybe I actually don't know now. I bought it on the 27th Feb and they said I could collect on the 15th March as it was here in the UK and going to be coming down from a branch up north

Return to “Car Related Discussion”