BSB Practice Brands Hatch

Inspire the rest of us! A place to pop a note / blog of your travels, a short desciption with a photo would be perfect.

Moderator: Contaminated

b33fy

Re: BSB Practice Brands Hatch

Postby b33fy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:41 pm

Won't keep you in suspense.. Shot of the day, HDR'd, apologies to purists.. otherwise uncropped from the camera.

ImageNo 28 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:08 pm

Unmolested version and a couple more of a similar theme, uncropped just tweaked slightly in LR.. doing groups just to make sure the first one wasn't a fluke :lol:

ImageIMG_4262 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4310 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4270 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:11 pm

Some nice big shiny helmets.. :shock:

ImageIMG_4563 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4556 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4546 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:30 pm

A bit more panning action..

ImageIMG_4712 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4690 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4636 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4597 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Interlude..

ImageIMG_5325-2 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

Dick

Postby Dick » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:47 pm

Very nice I can see you have had to put a lot of effort into getting those shots

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:57 pm

yep some cracking shots there Mike, can see that you're getting to grips with the techniques and the 'gear'.......gutted that i couldn't get along til the afternoon; Was itching to try out my new 'little' camera, in truth not suited to that kind of action ( both camera and operator). Was blown away ( literally ) by how many were there - then again, what a cracking day weatherwise to take some snaps or as many were simply sit and watch the world ( well bikes) go by.

If i'm going to attempt more of the motorsport themed stuff i def need a hop up or steps, otherwise its just too limiting with the fences. I popped up to Druids on the inside and just about squeezed a space as it was full of 'tographers. Decided to crack on with the new cam - lumix lx100ii that i've lusted over for a while. Bloody challenging as its pretty much manual with no 'drive modes'....didnt help that i somehow had managed to 'lose' the PIP box for manual focus....feck knows where that went.

sods law - i gave up on Druids to take a break and 30 sec's later there was a faller....first i knew was when a bike exited stage right with no one on it...

snapped a few with the longer camera, had a wander and a gander at what was going on and headed for home. For some reason LR is playing silly beggars so struggling to see any of the shots...those that i have seen are mainly 'no's', few that 'might be'....but suspect that nowt to write home about.

Tony C

Postby Tony C » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:59 pm

Mike, Some great shots, particularly like the with the Monster backdrop. The one with the rider looking behind him brings to mind the race between Sheene and Roberts, when Sheene flicked Kenny two fingers and Murray Walker said something along the lines of 'Look Sheene's waving at Kenny Roberts :lol:
Tiger Cat E1 - 2008-2009
Tiger R6 - 2009-2014
Austin Healey Sprite - 2014-2018
Fisher Fury Le Mans - 2018-2019

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:06 pm

Dick wrote:Very nice I can see you have had to put a lot of effort into getting those shots

Thanks Dick, hopefully get some good results on the 27th weather permitting!!

These four were taken at 1/30 sec shutter speed to maximise the blur, usually everything ends up blurred at that speed! though very pleased with these ones.

ImageIMG_5040 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4973-2 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4938 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4932-2 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:18 pm

Thanks Tony, Mark. A favourite of mine also Tony. No one really trying in the first practice, only had one red flag, someone dropped it on the GP loop. A good day, pleased others have enjoyed them as as well as myself. Was hoping for some flames, maybe at the Britcar.

Got a few more to go, mostly sidecars I think, nothing special, will post tomorrow. Couldn't be arsed to climb the tree again, lent against it instead..

ImageIMG_4819-2 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4815 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4822-2 by Buckmore Boy, on Flickr

Thanks again all for the positive feedback :)

Return to “You Went Where ???”