Shiny and New

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Nash

Shiny and New

Postby Nash » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:30 pm

Well got back from Nottingham at 2.30pm today in possession of ALL the bits I purchased from GBS. Shiny Shiny. :D

I did make the school boy error of not looking how the Denso Alternator fits to the engine and which way round the bracketry goes, particularly the idler!! D'oh Still, its half the fun.

So this afternoon I fit the water rail and sprayed the brackets for said alternator.

Rob, I got your bits (minus the diffuser) and as discussed I'll bring them to Brooklands tomorrow for you.

.............Neil

PS If anyone has a piccy of how the denso fits on the Zetec I would appreciate it.
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Rob E

Re: Shiny and New

Postby Rob E » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:56 pm

Nash wrote:Well got back from Nottingham at 2.30pm today in possession of ALL the bits I purchased from GBS. Shiny Shiny. :D

I did make the school boy error of not looking how the Denso Alternator fits to the engine and which way round the bracketry goes, particularly the idler!! D'oh Still, its half the fun.

So this afternoon I fit the water rail and sprayed the brackets for said alternator.

Rob, I got your bits (minus the diffuser) and as discussed I'll bring them to Brooklands tomorrow for you.

.............Neil

PS If anyone has a piccy of how the denso fits on the Zetec I would appreciate it.

Just put mine on but taken it of to paint so bring your bits with you tomorrow and i will or tony will show you his is on so he might do a piccy for you see you tomorrow :D
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:44 pm

Well done Neil, must admit Im suprised you managed to get everything, Robs been waiting ages for the diffuser, I bought a pair of upper ball joints but one had the nyloc missing, after having a bit of a moan with him on Thursday they sent me a brand new M12 nut in the post this morning, no bloody good as it's a wierd imperial thread I need and I can get M12's anywhere !!!

As Rob says, bring the bits with you, its straight forward but you might have to adjust the holes slightly so I would dry fit it before spraying (Ive done mine twice because of this)

hope you got a good price

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:52 pm

Good man...!!! let me know if you want help !!!

Give ya a ring tomorrow, so answer your phone for once ;)
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Nash

Postby Nash » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:33 pm

Ben_Copeland wrote:Good man...!!! let me know if you want help !!!

Give ya a ring tomorrow, so answer your phone for once ;)

At Brooklands so timing will be everything

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:27 pm

An update.

Engine is now fully assembled (finished late last night) and i've dropped it down to Powerspeed this afternoon and used there facilities to whip the x flow out. That didn't take very long. :D

As they are making the mounts and zorst i've suggested they can bolt it in for me as they need to get it in place for the mounts ;) cunning.

So the plan is to be mobile again by the end of the month. The timescale is driven more by cashflow then the time it will take to do but i can almost taste the bhp :D

............ Neil

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:34 pm

excellent news Neil, I reckon I'll be back o n the road for next week with a bit of luck!, winter rebuilds...pah!!!

Whens the trip toEmerald then?

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:46 pm

I thought we said after christmas. I am about to cancel xmas as i'm brassic or will be by the end of November. :roll:

hope trickies base map works. :shock:

........... Neil

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:49 pm

Nash wrote:hope trickies base map works. :shock:

........... Neil

It'll start and run ok but will probably be a bit too rich, you'll need the RR to set it up properly.

Yep, after xmas is good for me cos Im brassic now too, looks like just you, me and B now for a day up there

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:51 pm

Why has Rob bailed?

Return to “Car Related Discussion”