Viento project, part deux

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

steve m

Re: Viento project, part deux

Postby steve m » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:31 pm

The last Rover V I had was a V8, and that seems to be missing a cylinder, as in, looks like a V6 kit ?

or am I missing something ?

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Dick

Postby Dick » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:37 pm

or this
eBay item number: 291962731279
cheaper than the crank

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:27 pm

Dick wrote:or this
eBay item number: 291962731279
cheaper than the crank

Would have snapped it up but it's been repaired :lol:
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:33 pm

steve m wrote:The last Rover V I had was a V8, and that seems to be missing a cylinder, as in, looks like a V6 kit ?

or am I missing something ?

steve

Sort of Steve, the three bodies are attached to the plenum cover which fits over a base with eight trumpets, one to each cylinder. You can see part of the base and trumpets in the image. In other words, the three bodies serve all eight cylinders. Hope that makes sense. There are other variations using the plenum, mostly a twin body, or more commonly a single body. The throttle bodies can be positioned on any side of the plenum cover.

You can get a eight body system, one for each cylinder using a different manifold, but it's serious overkill and my pockets aren't deep enough (£3.5k)
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:33 pm

Picked up a few bits from Rally design, a new fluid level switch to replace a faulty one, a couple of master cylinders and spare pushrods to sort the brake balance, some fat b@st@rd springs and bump stops to stop my spine from being shattered. "What rate springs you want sir" "what's the biggest you got, they'll do.." (350lb :lol: ).. that's each side :shock:

Just as I was leaving, the manager grabbed hold of me, pulled my pants down for a box of bits and had me over for the rest of my xmas bonus.

Looks like the new induction system for the rebuild will now be made of paper mache if anything at all. :) I've a spare set of drive shafts, hubs, etc that need rebuilding for the diff swap, because of the different size lobros. So I might as well upgrade the rear brakes and get the suspension brakes and diff all sorted in one hit. Plus it'll give me something to do over xmas.

Dick

Postby Dick » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:10 pm

AS I said in the office Jay is going to have so much fun with the costings of this car , will be nice if you can get some use out of those brakes apart from the hand brake that is :lol:

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:41 pm

Dick wrote:AS I said in the office Jay is going to have so much fun with the costings of this car , will be nice if you can get some use out of those brakes apart from the hand brake that is :lol:

Cheaper than Hispec, used the money I saved on not buying forged pistons, so in the real world they cost me nothing..

Free brakes, yeh.. man maths.. :lol:

steve m

Postby steve m » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:42 pm

I thought the calipers had names ?
BIG ones = Mikes car,[/size]

little ones = stevies car[/size]

:D :lol: :lol:
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Dick

Postby Dick » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:45 pm

Blimey they must have been a good price 4 pots and separate handbrake plus the disc, must say they do look nice

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:24 pm

Anyone remember the wedding I went to in Dorking not that long ago?? (how could I forget.. :roll: ) Anyhow it was part two this weekend past, with the sibling getting hitched to another fooking dopehead. Told SWMBO I wasn't going when the invite landed on the mat a while ago. It worked out as a good opportunity to pick up the heads whilst I visited big sister in Cardiff which I told SWMBO.

Anyhow went to leave on the Friday.. "Where you off too?" I thought it didn't really warrant a response as said response had been provided recently so of I went "laters love, enjoy.."

Not good.. :lol:

Anyway it was worth it got the heads, below, and as a bonus, SWMBO still isn't talking to me :lol:

Also picked up a Brown and Geeson Quick Release. Not silly money but better quality than the Chinese knockoffs

Return to “Car Related Discussion”