Viento project, part deux

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

b33fy

Re: Viento project, part deux

Postby b33fy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:42 pm

What spreadsheet?? :D
Plan B given up on man maths, now its the cost of DIY, she doesn't know whether to grateful the jobs are done or annoyed at the cost of them.

"Put the shelves up love, bit pricey, came to £3k with all the bits, good shelves though, you wont get better" :P
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

steve m

Postby steve m » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:41 pm

3k for some shelves .......... :D

My wife and I have a very good unwritten agreements, but has been discussed,
She doesn't give a hoot what I spend on cars/toys (not that I spend a lot) as long as the bills are paid, and food on the table, and we don't owe anyone,
Likewise, with her buying clothes and shoes, handbags etc, she's got more clothes than Oxfam :D

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

scotty

Postby scotty » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:20 pm

Liking the sound of this! Never thought the v8 would be great as it was they sound good but never have enough oomph with out decent work..
I have had a xflow in bits for over a year in a mates shed ready to be put back together ! I got away with spending all the cash easy...its the time to actually do it i'm not allowed lol
Luego with a mighty 104bhp!!!

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:11 pm

Had an interesting conversation with V8 developments, again very helpful without being pushy, coming up with some realistic and cost effective solutions. I'll more than likely use V8D fir a fair bit of the work. First port of call is to pick up the heads and work out the chamber size, apparently there are two versions so this will define piston spec etc. Definitely going for an ACT induction system, Ray at V8D speaks highly of them, particularly the system fitted to K's car, so that's looking favourite ATM.

I'm hoping to firm up the spec before xmas then run the block and crank up to Lincoln between xmas and the new year so they can get on with the top hating, replacing can bearings, core plugs and finishing the bores for the chosen pistons.

The good news is the intended suppliers seem to speak highly of each other and so fingers crossed it should all work out between Real Steel, ACT and V8D.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:02 am

What's the re re re re and re build upgrade re upgrade time span your expecting?? ;) I'd wait till summer to do something like this, think rusty's thinking of stripping his this coming spring :roll:
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:17 am

:lol: it's the re-re-rebuild if you count the first dumping of the the pinto Rob :D so not as bad as you had me first think.. :lol: Just going to crack on and get it done for spring.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:11 pm

bling :lol:

Probably end up with an SU, :D

kenton

Postby kenton » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:30 pm

oooh. 8-) 8-) 8-)
Thats the christmas bonus spent then.

andyf

Postby andyf » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:40 pm

Nice and shiny 8-)
MkII Marlin Roadster with Ford 2.0L Pinto and Type 9 gearbox. Going for the oily rag restoration look :-)

Dick

Postby Dick » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:17 pm

Ok thats that money spent now on to the next cheap bit , how about the steel crank we talked about you know you want it :D I'm sure Jay will be doing his man maths

Return to “Car Related Discussion”