Insurance - read on please chaps....

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

David T

Re: Insurance - read on please chaps....

Postby David T » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:51 pm

Zoe at A-Plan helpfully sorted out my agreed value policy today. Less than £200 with legal cover and no breakdown.

What I hadn't appreciated was that in open top cars you are not covered for personal injury, unless you are hit by another vehicle. It does make you think twice about carrying others in the car. I recall years ago, a pilot being sued after an accident by his injured/deceased passenger's family for millions of future lost earnings.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:57 am

i talked with Claire from A-Plan yesterday, she's really impressed with the take up from SKCC, obviously the service levels and pricing is working out for most of us.
She did ask if possible for me to alert her to any issues/problems, either during the quotation phase or at any stage after, obviously they want to keep an eye on why folks might not take up their offers/quotes - in some cases as we know it's simply because they haven't got a product that matches the need - but if you do have probs, please have a quiet word with me via PM.....
cheers
Mark

davehall

Postby davehall » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:07 pm

Just arranged my next years cover with A Plan. Spoke to Chris who was so helpful. Like Linda pointed out, he laughed at asking whether there were any mods. but pointed out he had to ask!

Saved a little and should get agreed value even though my Westy is not quite 10 years old. Didn't need breakdown or legal so all in all came away happy.

Proof of the pudding is when making a claim so hope I don't have to test that.
Westfield SEiW 1.8 Zetec, Jenveys, Omex

dray13dad

Postby dray13dad » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:11 pm

Phoned today for a quote,well impressed with service and pricing at £96 &20 for legal cover so have gone with A plan. Did'nt need breakdown as with another company at mo and dont seem to stray that far from home at the mo :oops: :cry:

Davemg

Postby Davemg » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:50 am

I've called Footman James and Aplan to insure my Quantum Xtreme with my 22 year old son on the policy; no joy, unless we want just 3rd party cover. The laugh is that his own car is a 61 plate 3.0 V6 Jag XF!

Any ideas? I have a Rover Mini (classic) as well, be great to get him and I on one policy for both cars at a sensible price.

All help appreciated!

kirmodawn1

Postby kirmodawn1 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:46 pm

QOC have a deal with Adrian Flux if you are a QOC member

Bob
Quantum 2+2 Zetec Turbo

zxr400

Postby zxr400 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:37 pm

Renewed mine well pleased,as the claim I had was nearly 7k it only went up £15 ,I WAS STUNNED, I was expecting to pay a lot more and they have been spot on ,they have rang me to see if things are going to plan so Well done aplan :D

Davemg

Postby Davemg » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:21 am

Thanks, I'll give Adrian Flux a go. I'm not a member of the QOC but I can be!!!

Aplan would be ideal but they can only give me Third Party Fire & Theft if my son is on the policy, and that for £260; before we even talk about the Mini.

kirmodawn1

Postby kirmodawn1 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:39 pm

QOC membership is only £20 anyway, so if they can give you a good deal it might be £20 well spent.

Bob
Quantum 2+2 Zetec Turbo

kenjohn

Postby kenjohn » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:19 pm

Spoke to Claire at aplan this morning and renewed my insurance through them. First class service and quote. Also going with agreed valuation for the first time. When asked previously FP always made out that it was difficult to get AV.
John

Return to “Car Related Discussion”