Insurance - read on please chaps....

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Wingco

Re: Insurance - read on please chaps....

Postby Wingco » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:43 pm

My insurance is up next month so I gave A Plan a ring, I have always use Allstyles and have been paying £135.00 inc break down cover but I have always given the value of my car the same as I paid for it £2600.00, haven't really thought about how much I have spent on it.
A Plan asked all the normal questions, any modifications etc and value of the car so I said £6500.00 limited mileage and break down cover, so I was expecting £190.+ nop £148.00 so very pleased with that, so I will be changing when its up for renewal.

Thanks Mark for pointing out the company.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

SkyUK

Postby SkyUK » Wed May 07, 2014 9:22 am

Cheers

riddell73

Postby riddell73 » Fri May 09, 2014 4:51 pm

Just had my renewal notice from FP....they state that they will no longer be extending the cover on my quote, but thank me for my business to date and hope I find another insurer!

A plan here I come......
"Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive"

Larkingabout

Postby Larkingabout » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:06 pm

Just insured the new car and decided to go to Frank Pickles as already with them for the Hood. They quoted me £148 with a 3000 mile limit and no agreed value. Gave Clair at A Plan a call and she quoted £108.25 with not agreed value but using the same insurer as FP. Claire said she could not offer me agreed value until the car was 10 years old so I would have to wait. So have insured the new car with A plan at less cost than the old policy for the Hood. Happy days.
James
The man in the Red Coat

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:04 pm

Larkingabout wrote: Claire said she could not offer me agreed value until the car was 10 years old so I would have to wait.

That is what she told me.

Red27

Postby Red27 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:11 pm

Will be ringing A Plan this week, Paul's with them already (wonder if we qualify for a bulk discount :lol: ). My insurance is due imminently - I haven't even had a renewal notice from FP. What on earth has happened to them....
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

Dick

Postby Dick » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:25 pm

Done mine and Jays in April with Aplan nice people have helped me sort out the trip to Norway and the recovery option for the trip as they are non EU so not on a normal policy (note to all ). Got agreed value on mine even if it took a bit of sorting out .
They extra cover for the trip was free just a bit more paper work and that was only done last week so they get the thumbs up from me.
On another side and not that I ever want to use it but if I do have a total loss claim we have an agreed buy back price for my car as I would like my engine back ;)

matbrit

Postby matbrit » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:22 pm

just renewed my mev with a plan. 150 including breakdown. really pleased so thanks guys.

Red27

Postby Red27 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:05 pm

Spoke to Katie, she says she's been insuring SKCC'ers this week like mad, so she knew all about us. And she's the first insurer I've ever spoken to that's laughed at the stupidity of the question "has it been modified" whilst asking it in a kit car context. This was encouraging. £134 for 5k miles, no breakdown, got RAC for that. That's about £50 better than FP last year.

Of course I declared the sheep incident, and also two "no fault" claims on the road car which were around the same time, i.e. two years ago, but only about 3 months apart. Interestingly, one insurer would not give a quote based on the two no fault incidents, which was a bit concerning. Car was stationery on both occasions, one at a set of lights, the other parked outside a local DIY store with no-one in it. How's that right? A second interesting thing, she also said that generally kit car insurers are only interested in any claims for your kit car in the last year when setting a premium. Although how that then squares with what you did in your road car, or had done to you, I don't know.

Anyway, well pleased with A Plan's quote and service. Still unimpressed that FP didn't even send a renewal notice.
Linda

"Gilles was the fastest driver in the history of motor racing" - Jody Scheckter

graham b

Postby graham b » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:41 pm

FP = £135.83, 5000miles, legal agreed value. £100 excess
aplan = £126.12 5000miles, legal, agreed value. £100 excess
adrian flux = £120.00 5000miles, legal,agreed value, loan car,£150 excess

1 x sp30
1 x no fault claim (muppet who reversed into westie on the garage forecourt)

no breakdown have green flag for that
graham b
Lotus elise
Supercharged.
BBR Mx5
caterham R300
Westfield seiw
Tiger e1

Return to “Car Related Discussion”