Insurance - read on please chaps....

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Insurance - read on please chaps....

Postby greenwoo » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:59 pm

Some of you may have read a couple of posts a few weeks back relating to agreed values and the query as to whether FPickles still do them. Sadly i found out last week that this 'perk' has indeed changed at the present time.

As always we try to align ourselves with suppliers who not only offer a relevant service but also one of quality and i'm pleased to advise that as of today we now have an alternative to FP........a new 'approved' supplier called 'A Plan'.

'A Plan' are indeed able to offer agreed values through various underwriters, obviously subject to the usual proviso of realistic value/photos etc etc, so if this is something that you hold dear i'd suggest that you pick up the phone and put them to the test. Of the various brokers i've come into contact with over the past 5-6 years i have to say that both FP and A Plan really do come through on service and price - so i have no doubt that both or should that be either will be well placed to help our members.

Clearly individual circumstances will affect any quotes, but to give you a taster.....i have just insured the r6 with an agreed val of 14k ( bear in mind that's high due to new parts fitted last year,plus the refurb it had done last year )....with 5k limit on miles that came out at £120.

A Plan can be contacted on 01635 874646 - in the first instance ask for Chris or Claire - and remember to shout out that you're part of SKCC.....if they require a membership number ( i dont believe they will, then just drop me a note via pm and will sort that for you).

Finally - just to be crystal....i had no reason to consider alternatives to FP other than the agreed val, i've been really pleased with their service over the years, but given the cars refurb i had to look closely at that topic. In other words, if you're happy with them - great, if you want a second opinion/quote then A Plan are defo worth talking with!

Fury1630

Re: Insurance - read on please chaps....

Postby Fury1630 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:28 pm

Thanks for sorting that out Mark. Excellent info as ever. :D

graham b

Postby graham b » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:41 pm

what he said

always good to have an alternative

thanks
graham b
Lotus elise
Supercharged.
BBR Mx5
caterham R300
Westfield seiw
Tiger e1

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Funny you should post this today, my F Pickles renewal has just arrived :D

Richard

Postby Richard » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:13 pm

If your A Plan is the A Plan broker that is all over the place in High Streets then I agree they are a good broker, give good service and try hard. I've used them for years for household & building insurance although as it happens just switched from them for building as they could not quite compete. I never realised they did kit cars - guess I should have asked.
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control, Quaife LSD. Now with big brother 1973 TR6 being totally body-off restored.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:19 pm

ha ha Richard, i thought the same when i walked past one of the high street branches...but as the main address for these guys is Thatcham i suspect that they arent the same, but the quality on the calls and paperwork wise so far has been top notch!

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:47 pm

Well done mark, mines due in May
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:13 pm

OK, I phoned up today and spoke to Claire who was very nice.
By the way, they are the same as the brokers on high streets, and she mentioned they supply all types of general insurance as well.

With my SKCC discount my premium was below £200 for the first time. For 5000 miles, I have previously had to pay over £230 with F Pickles and have had much higher quotes from others in the past.

I was impressed by the friendly service, and got a very competitve quote which I have taken up :)

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:00 pm

Duncan did you get an agreed value with yours as well ????
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:11 pm

Wingco wrote:Duncan did you get an agreed value with yours as well ????

No, but I didn't have one with F Pickles either, both brokers didn't recommend it for my car, apparently I'll be able to get one when it's older.

Return to “Car Related Discussion”