Megasquirt

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

MangoFury
Site Admin

Megasquirt

Postby MangoFury » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:06 pm

As a newcomer to the forum I was curious to know who else is running a Megasquirt ECU. From a search it looks like there might be a couple more at least. Interested to know what versions and what experience you've had in getting it working properly.

Mine is an MS1 on a version 3 PCB. Got the cruising mixture spot on last year though never quite cracked the acceleration enrichment side of things. The other thing I found was that the spark timing is just guesswork. Any experiences would be appreciated.

I did acquire an Omex600 map from a car running the exact same engine type - the spark timings on that make interesting reading. I'll dig them out at some point if anyone's interested.

I'll be trying to perfect the setting again this year once the car back in once piece...
2009 Fisher Fury, 2 litre standard Zetec, Honda TBs, Megasquirt ECU

AshG

Re: Megasquirt

Postby AshG » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:14 pm

i have got a ms2 v3pcb but its still a pile of parts :D

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:15 pm

I have a MS1 V3 PCB running my Zetec with ITB & Cams. The ECU is fine and a lot less bother to setup compared with the MS2, most the extra functions of which are of no use unless you are running turbo or NOS and other unusual setups.

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:34 am

I've not bought mine yet, but I'll probably aim for the ms1 v3. Hoping to find one on eBay :)
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Return to “Car Related Discussion”