Got the Indy Back Today

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Nash

Got the Indy Back Today

Postby Nash » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Where has the day gone.

Got the Indy back today from Indulgence. Put the meter on it and to my horror it is 111dB. Looks like High Frequency noise is bumping it up.

Took the car to Powerspeed and they are making up a 7" Silencer for me and I will get the car back to them on Friday / Saturday to fit it. I decided to go for a new one instead of borrowing one from the many offers of help here as it is transferable to the 4AGE engine (next winter). Thanks to all for the offers.

I got the car back home and set about finishing off some trim. All finished now and as far as I can see only the silencer left so just waiting for the test station to contact me with a date. :?

Quick aside, while I was at Powerspeed there was a Westie in, Steve Lawson from Croydon, Orange Westie with a Busa, very clean motor, also having a Silencer made. He may pop on here to say hello. We exchanged numbers and hopefully he is a good contact as he works for Toyota, which is good to know. :D

cheers............... Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Got the Indy Back Today

Postby greenwoo » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:03 pm

Getting there Neil, getting there!
Hope ytou asked Steve where all the westie guys hang out as there doesnt seem to be much movement on their website.....so far only Dave Hall has popped his name down for the Brekkie Run.......i wonder where all the rest are hiding?

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:34 am

Finally! Hope they did everything you asked and didn't empty your pockets too much!!!!

Now get reading through that manual and try to spot anything obvious. Get some pictures up so we can have a look at any potential problems
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Nash

Postby Nash » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Car is being picked up by Powerspeed tomorrow afternoon to get the new Silencer fitted. I get it back Saturday.

I was fitting the under dash panels back on last night and I lost the headlights (I had Main beam and Side lights). I thought I had put a screw into the wiring! :shock: turned out to be a loose relay. :|

..........Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:21 am

Whoops good job it wasnt serious!
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Return to “Car Related Discussion”