IVA Paperwork just submitted

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Nash

IVA Paperwork just submitted

Postby Nash » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:41 am

Well i've only gone and done it haven't I. I posted the mountain of IVA paperwork today to get the car inspected. :shock:

I spoke to VOSA over the phone to try and find out how long it all takes and the guy said they take about a week to go over the paperwork and then the test centre will ring me to confirm a date subject to there being no issues with the documents.

............. Neil
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

jeffw

Re: IVA Paperwork just submitted

Postby jeffw » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:23 pm

Good Luck :)

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:22 pm

I think they are currently about 2 weeks behind/ahead.. so in about 3 weeks you should be IVA'ing it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Nash

Postby Nash » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:34 pm

Yeah that's what VOSA man intermated. I suspect Gillingham (my second choice) may be quicker to respond if recent conversations are anything to go by :roll:

Whatever I don't mind I pays my money and takes my chance.

......... Neil

James

Postby James » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:49 am

Good luck mate, i spied your car at 7-indulgence, looks very nice indeed, i still didnt manage to find the engine where did they put it ?

Nash

Postby Nash » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:03 pm

:D I have no sensible answer to that jibe James other then ihope your next s**t is a pineapple.

Have a nice day. ;)

............. Neil

Ben_Copeland

Postby Ben_Copeland » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:38 pm

Have to show him your 4age so he can see an engine lol
Ben

On the road, but never finished....

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:43 am

Expect the unexpected!
I was asked to confirm the max power speed of the engine (I'd got it from the Haynes "book of lies) as "it seemed a little low" It's a crossflow, 5k - max power , 5.5k - red line, 6k - bang! There was all sorts of trouble proving I owned the engine - I'd taken it from my Rickman, so no reciept & the fact that it was the recorded engine on the Rickman's V5c was no use "as that's a kit car" :roll: , & a signed letter stating that I'd swapped the engines was no use "as there's a lot of fraud about" :roll: :roll: .

Of course that was for SVA, as you're paying twice as much, you'll get a MUCH better service :lol:

Best advice I can give, if you haven't heard in two weeks call them (with your friendliest voice on) to find out if there's any problems.

T

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:42 am

That's good advice. I have receipts for the engine and the rebuild. I have a copy of the Burton page that declares the age of the engine by it's casting number and engine number but there is bound to be something missing I'm sure.

....... Neil

Nash

Postby Nash » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:53 pm

Shocking day today. VOSA rang me to say can I have your first born please to pay for the IVA. So having recovered from that heart attack. I spoke to Simon at Indulgence to check we were all done and it was good news / bad news. Good news is I now have self centreing the bad news is I have a zorst that they rate at 111dB :o

Now I know it's noisey ish but that is a suprising number. Anyway I have spoken to Speedpower or is it Powerspeed and they can look at it Monday if I can get it to them. That's another day off work and a trailer to hire. :roll:

Just bleeding cash at the moment so feeling tender.

Still keep focused sun is shinning days are getting longer and I'm another step closer.

........... Neil

Return to “Car Related Discussion”