Satnavs: What's good?

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

nelmo

Re: Satnavs: What's good?

Postby nelmo » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:30 pm

Tony B wrote:Are you on Android Neil? For some reason I don’t think co-pilot takes TRPs if your IPhone? - I might have dreamt this but if it’s not the case I might go down this route. I only ever use ITN converter to plan my routes so I can export them as TRPs straight away….

Yes, Android. Would seem a bit weird if the iPhone one works differently (it's the app using the file, not the OS) but I dunno..

You can probably buy the app, try it and cancel the purchase if it doesn't work? Well, on playstore you get 15 minutes to do an immediate refund.. don't know about apple store?

russtik

Postby russtik » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:43 am

Tony B wrote:Are you on Android Neil? For some reason I don’t think co-pilot takes TRPs if your IPhone? - I might have dreamt this but if it’s not the case I might go down this route. I only ever use ITN converter to plan my routes so I can export them as TRPs straight away….

Yeah I looked at this a while back as using the device you’ve already got (your phone) seems like a good idea. Unfortunately the iPhone version can’t load .trp files as the app can’t access the files system on Apple devices. Shame, I don’t know if it’s changed recently to overcome this or if there’s an alternative app.

The biker versions from the likes of Garmin and TomTom seem appealing. Being waterproof, work with gloves and having the “find the twisties” option. Will look into those a bit more.
Current: Fisher Fury Spyder - 16v Toyota 4AGE
Previous: Road Runner SR2 Turbo - SOLD
Previous: Tiger Avon - Raceline Zetec-R

'Like' SKCC on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Southernkitcars

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:56 am

russtik wrote:

Yeah I looked at this a while back as using the device you’ve already got (your phone) seems like a good idea. Unfortunately the iPhone version can’t load .trp files as the app can’t access the files system on Apple devices. Shame, I don’t know if it’s changed recently to overcome this or if there’s an alternative app.

The biker versions from the likes of Garmin and TomTom seem appealing. Being waterproof, work with gloves and having the “find the twisties” option. Will look into those a bit more.

That's what I've got - Garmin bike version. Mines 4 years old so the tech has probably got even better. The only draw back is that they are a bit chunkier than the standard car ones. But not hugely.

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:10 pm

russtik wrote:

Yet another good reason to ditch Apple :D

leegav

Postby leegav » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:31 am

Tony B wrote:
ChrisL wrote:Do you use the 'find a twisty option' I thought you preferred to go straight to the campsite :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:
we all know thats just bollocks :lol: once i went straight there because i nearly had a head on collision with a lorry and needed a drink :lol: :lol:
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

Return to “Car Related Discussion”