Supercar experiences

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

nelmo

Supercar experiences

Postby nelmo » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:54 pm

I wanted to take my 18 year old son on one of those supercar driving experiences but there are 100s of them - anyone recommend one?

My budget is £150 each and I don't really care about the track, more about getting a reasonable amount of actual driving time in a few different cars.

DJ.

Re: Supercar experiences

Postby DJ. » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:28 pm

I haven't actually done a super car experience myself, but I have spoken to several who have and they all came away disappointed. Common themes were, not much time in the car, very low rev/speed limit or ridiculously tight circuit, I have never known anyone being given the chance to actually use all the cars performance.

My daughter has just given me a gift voucher for a Caterham drift experience. I think it was less than your price and generally people I have spoken to say they have enjoyed themselves and get a reasonable chance to drive the Seven albeit at slow speed.

nelmo

Postby nelmo » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:30 pm

Yeah, I've heard all those comments as well but I'd just to like to drive a Lambo, even if it is only for 5 minutes and I don't go over 60...same for my son, really.

Especially as there may not be any ICE cars to drive soon... :?

I did a Ferrari 355 experience years ago and yeah, I only got 3 laps in the rain with a panicky nanny in the passenger seat but it was worth it IMO (although 3 laps in the single seater before was actually more fun).

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:43 pm

We took the brother in law to Goodwood for a super car experience day. He seemed to enjoy it although I got to agree with everyone else so far that you don't seem to get a lot of time in the car.
Goodwood offers a lot more than just the car experience, you do have all the history as well which was good.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

bigstuff

Postby bigstuff » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:51 pm

Fwiw my sister did an Aston Martin experience and was very disappointed. The company concerned put out loads of range rover passenger experience cars out amongst the super cars, to regulate the speed of the super cars. I would be very disappointed to drive any high performance car on a track at slow speed. Speed is the whole point isn't it?
One is one too many and one too many is never enough.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:03 pm

i've never done one of those suoercar days, although there was a rumour that wifey and daughter wanted to buy me one; i quashed that idea before they wasted their cash.
Mainly as having looked at reviews, talked to a few pals and so on - it was clear that the majority were poodling around with little car time.

I know its not what you aim for Neil, but frankly if it were me; I'd grab a days Caterham drift/slalom experience or a day sharing your car at a driver tuition place and just go have a test drive of a Lambo. (Ooops i lied, it wouldn't be me as Lambos hold all the appeal of of a Goth lapdancer)......

Sort of off topic as it doenst answer Neils question....
BUt FWIW - have done 2 Caterham days, and seriously good fun, so you'll have blast Duncan

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:31 pm

There’s a thing.. Goth lap dancer, where did you…? Perhaps not. :lol:
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

martinq357

Postby martinq357 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:46 am

DJ. wrote:My daughter has just given me a gift voucher for a Caterham drift experience. I think it was less than your price and generally people I have spoken to say they have enjoyed themselves and get a reasonable chance to drive the Seven albeit at slow speed.

Can't comment on the supercar experience but I did the Caterham drift experience at Silverstone (50th birthday prezzie) and it was brilliant. Plenty of driving and the instructors were more than happy to offer advice to those of us that wanted to learn. Actually started stitching it together by the end of the day and got the quickest time round the drift course. Great fun.

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:00 pm

Goth lap dancer.......
My mind boggles :lol:

Return to “Car Related Discussion”