Wherefore art thou Romeo

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Wherefore art thou Romeo

Postby greenwoo » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:59 am

Its been a funny year so far, or more accurately a strange year. Aside from the joys of various lockdown stages i've been (thankfully) crazy busy workwise til a few weeks back.
Mrs G is still battling to get back to some form of normality with her vision/knee problems, so when i had brief hours away from email/phone/work I felt I ought to be around. Hell, I intended to do 'photo trips' with Mike, but never got close to finding the time;

So the car was low on my list of priorities. I knew it wasn;t running right the last time i used it - yep, last Sept/Oct. And now I know why!

Without getting into technical detail - which is good as i'm be blagging it, the engine is shot. Handy, as that revelation came just as i was starting to see light at the end of the work tunnel.

Currently the car is over at Snodhurst, and they'll be fitting a new crate engine with a modded head. (anyone seen the prices of crate zetecs nowadays?? hell, wished i'd bought a few a cple of years ago!!!!!!!!!!)

So sods Law....now have a bit more time, but nowt to go and play in. Have been looking at getting 'something else'. Swayed one way and then another by either an s2000 or an elise.
Really want something that Mrs (might) come out in for the occasional drive out, but def want something for sunday runs and tours.

Pretty much decided that an S2 elise 111s would tick the box.....and have been unpleasantly surprised to see the prices go through the roof ( well the canvas hood).
Caused by the dearth of available cars/decent examples.

Hell, looking for cars should be fun? I get excited when i see a fresh pic pop up on autotrader/ebay/pistonheads/seloc.....and then find that its done 125k ( one yesterday popped up with 165k miles).

anyway......with some luck the Tiger will come back soon or a miracle will happen and a decent elise with the right spec will pop up and i can get back out to play.

hopefully see you soon

Fury1630

Re: Wherefore art thou Romeo

Postby Fury1630 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:09 am

I've been in a kind of similar position myself Mark - different reasons & circumstances but similar overall. Hoping to be back out there myself soon, so I'll see you at a breakfast somewhere & best wishes to Mrs G!

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:36 pm

Sorry to hear about the engine :(
Elise's are sought after, and it seems sports car prices are rising unfortunately. I suppose a high mileage Lotus might be ok, but only if has had recent suspension overhaul/brakes/dampers and a new clutch at least.

My Seven has just passed 50,000 but drives like new as I've recently fitted new dampers and last winter I treated it to new discs and pads all round.

locost220

Postby locost220 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:54 pm

All I can say guys is after my 3 year break from breckie runs the thought of getting up early (4.30 last Sunday ) is daunting but the banter, routes and scenery make it all well worth while what ever your driving.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Return to “Car Related Discussion”