Honda CRV clutch, how hard can it be.

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

b33fy

Re: Honda CRV clutch, how hard can it be.

Postby b33fy » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:47 pm

Well done Rich, it’s a tough old job, don’t envy you one bit, full credit to you.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:43 pm

Great job and a tough job Rich, well done for persevering even with dodgy knee and arm.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:52 pm

The last bits turned up this week so fitted the correct clips for the undertray, the outside driveshaft nuts, put the wheels on, dropped it all on the ground and tightened the driveshaft nuts with the big bad ratchet. All seems OK so I checked the rear pads as I had planned and wire brushed the sills followed by underseal so job done for now.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

locost220

Postby locost220 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:15 pm

Well a few miles under it belt and all is well so far.
With the couple of weeks left on the Nissan Insurance I needed to get the rear shocks changed after an observation on the mot, being that they have been in the boot for a few months.
Read the Haynes manual first as usual and jumped straight in and ripped out the drivers side rear interior and strut brase to get to the mounting nuts shown in the manual including shearing a few bolts only to realise my car seems to have a revised method where no interior access is required, dam and blast.
Used the pneumatic torque gun to get the really tight shock fixings out that would have stretched me.
Broke out the spring compressors and swapped over the damper and refitted and then drilled out the sheared bolts. Pass side took half as long, swapped cars around and removed the Honda drivers side wing having got hold of the right colour 2nd hand one, ready to refit tomorrow.
Not a bad few hrs work
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Return to “Car Related Discussion”