a couple of familiar looking cars...

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

SJLB

a couple of familiar looking cars...

Postby SJLB » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:38 pm

MK walk around at Blyton, a couple of familiar looking cars...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eO1YjO ... U5-gRnB6po
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

b33fy

Re: a couple of familiar looking cars...

Postby b33fy » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:22 pm

Nice one! Shame he didn’t film much track action. Would have been nice to see a few cars at defcon 1.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:56 pm

Well spotted Steve. All three of us got in on the action! Albeit only one of us got a speaking part! SKCC strikes back. 8-)

As Mike says pity there’s no track action. There were 2 kit cars buggering about on the track at lunch. I thought they might be filming something as they were running side-by-side slowly then over taking each other. Then running side-by-side and so on. Then speeding up and slowing down. If not filming then perhaps taking pictures for the magazine?

SteveRST

Postby SteveRST » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:46 pm

It was a great day all round... the company, the track, the weather and the car! :)

I camped at the circuit on the Saturday night and had the pleasure of eating and drinking with SteveB, his brother, and his brothers son who were staying also. Good fun - I think we were the last people up! :lol: :mrgreen:

I was initially a bit worried, as there were 50 cars booked and the first morning session was very busy - in fact it was even slower progress than the sighting laps at first. But after an hour things calmed down and there was plenty of clear track time.

Steve's megabusa spits some amazingly impressive flames on the overrun when he's dropping down the box into a slower corner. Quite a sight to follow :P

My car went well all day - recent additions of radiator and oil cooler ducting meant I saw maximum 90c oil and water all day. In fact, it was taking about 4 laps to get the oil temp up to 70/80c after which I was then comfortable to give it full beans.
Really, it needs a thermostatic sandwich plate fitted, but I've read these can reduce oil pressure?

Yep, I'll definitely be up for the next one of these CKC track days.
Westfield Zetec turbo & Westfield Megabusa turbo

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:43 pm

Come to Llandow next year Steve. A very different circuit but cracking fun.

SteveRST

Postby SteveRST » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:51 pm

Weathers wrote:Come to Llandow next year Steve. A very different circuit but cracking fun.

I will do that mate. Will get it booked!
Westfield Zetec turbo & Westfield Megabusa turbo

Return to “Car Related Discussion”