Lumenition C400 probems

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

John G

Lumenition C400 probems

Postby John G » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:42 am

Lumenition C400 probems

A bit of a long story so please bear with me. 2L blacktop Zetec on Jenvey throttle bodies
A couple of years ago I was setting off to the classic Le Mans. The car had been running fine. I put the battery on trickle charge over night and when I set off in the morning it ran like a sick dog. hesitating and missing all the way to Newhaven. When I finally arrived it cut out and refused to start. I had a spare set of plugs which I changed and noticed the crank sensor wire was next ti the live off the battery. I moved the cable away and it started and ran like a watch all the way down and back.
When I returned to the UK the car broke down 20 miles off the ferry. Turned out to be a dead cell in the battery. so I purchased a new battery and alternator as it had stopped charging.
After a new battery and alternator I can't get the car to run cleanly, it hesitates and misses and will not tick over. It smokes with a whitish plume and the plugs are sooty. I have replaced the following;
Plugs, coil pack, leads, air temp and water temp senders as well as draining the fuel.
Any suggestions as where to look next would be appreciated.
I have spoken to Steve at road and race who originally mapped the car ( it ran like a dream) and he has said that the ECU would either work or not
Regards, Jon

Flyingtiger

Re: Lumenition C400 probems

Postby Flyingtiger » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:35 pm

more thinking out loud than any experience but could one of the sensors to the ECU be faulty? The ECU may be working OK but garbage in=garbage out?
Tiger Supercat 2.0 Zetec.

Return to “Car Related Discussion”