Walkie Talkies in car Radio Again

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

b33fy

Re: Walkie Talkies in car Radio Again

Postby b33fy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:10 pm

More than welcome to mine Colin, won’t be using it anytime soon. All programmed with charger and defender headset. £25 seems a fair price.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:30 am

Hi Mike, it seems a shame mate that you just can’t get going again, enthusiasm is hard to get back after going through everything you have on your car etc.
If you are sure you will not be using them then yes please.
Many thanks
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:46 pm

No worries mate, other priorities at the moment. Just let me know when you are out and about and we’ll try and hook up.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:50 pm

locost220 wrote:If some can figure out how to stop the wind noise affecting mine would be good, might go for a full face helmet if car ever hits the road.

It wouldn’t be the same if we knew what you were saying on tour :lol:
9 is more than a number

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:03 am

locost220 wrote:
If some can figure out how to stop the wind noise affecting mine would be good, might go for a full face helmet if car ever hits the road.

wind noise? more likely electrical interference from all your gadgets :lol: :lol: :lol:

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:16 am

Tony B wrote:then you need to give the radio to Chris (Weathers) or Russ to program up

Bit late to the party I know but I have everything set up here to program the radios and takes me only a few minutes so if anyone does need help in the future please feel free to give me a shout.

Can offer a while you wait service and a brew if needs be. :lol: :lol:

locost220

Postby locost220 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:47 pm

Kenton, Tony.
I'm sorting out a second set of radio gear to stick into a new brain bucket I've ordered for the upcoming road trip.
I seem to be able to hear you when you were quite far away so can you refresh me on your aerial, mounting set up unless you have more output power? .
Pics as well as links please.
(I do realise that I risk more gardening world, but I will have a volume knob as well).
Rich.
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:35 pm

Weathers wrote:
Tony B wrote:then you need to give the radio to Chris (Weathers) or Russ to program up

Bit late to the party I know but I have everything set up here to program the radios and takes me only a few minutes so if anyone does need help in the future please feel free to give me a shout.

Can offer a while you wait service and a brew if needs be. :lol: :lol:

Chris,Do you know the in’s and out’s of these radios or just the programming for SKCC. I’ve got a brand new radio that supposed have more range and longer battery time , but we can’t get it to scan, I’ve contacted China but they said they are a bit busy at the moment :D
Was having a bit of argument with them, they sent me a disk, but don’t think it’s for this radio ?then I said I needed a lead. they didn’t understand, they kept saying Reboot, but can’t reboot with out a lead. but every time it come back in broken translate but eventually they sent a lead but still no joy, with the reboot.

EEBBA59E-AE15-4EC2-9004-A5805C29335B.jpeg
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:22 am

Kev. Understandable that they are a tad busy!
What exactly are you trying to do? By scan do you mean look for other “active” frequencies that people are broadcasting on?
Cheers. Chris.

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:31 pm

locost220 wrote:Kenton, Tony.

I seem to be able to hear you when you were quite far away so can you refresh me on your aerial, mounting set up unless you have more output power? .

(I do realise that I risk more gardening world, but I will have a volume knob as well).
Rich.

Hi Rich - mine is just mounted on top of the cage and Ks is lower down on the side by hes wing mirrors. logic says that Ks is in a worse position than mine because its lower down (the top of the aerial is still lower than the top of the cage) and therfore it doesnt have a suitable groundplane, however Kenton definitely hears others that are far away before i can hear them - so who knows!

dont worry about gardening, we have an entire 2019 season to update everyone on, including the dreaded white butterfly plague on the brassicas last August!

Return to “Car Related Discussion”