V5C Details

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Weathers

V5C Details

Postby Weathers » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:42 am

Good morning chaps and chapesses

I've just been going over my V5C for my new car. It has the make but no other information eg the model type. So for example we have the Ford but not the Fiesta/Focus/Mondeo level of detail below.

The DVLA said that they follow the details form the registration forms - which I've just checked and does include the model type.

Do you think it's worth getting the model added to the V5C? I've spoken to the manufacturer and their demo model, although different to mine, only has the make on it too.

Thoughts please?

Thanks. Chris 8-)

Kegco

Re: V5C Details

Postby Kegco » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:23 am

I think if you post pictures, model and make of your new car, I’m sure we will be able to answer your questions :lol:
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:05 pm

Kegco wrote:I think if you post pictures, model and make of your new car, I’m sure we will be able to answer your questions :lol:

Oh OK then...… oh hang on..... excellent try Kev! :lol: :lol:

I'm a bespoke steering column and final shake down away from completion. Hoping either this week or early next.

Not long now!

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:27 pm

not sure is the answer to your question, i guess it depends on whether you think that;
a/ it would avoid any unncessary questions/doubt when selling-claiming on insurance?
b/ whether the model has 'added' value over another variant from same manufacturer.
No idea how for example Caterhams are listed, but without a designation whats to say that the car in question is an 'x' vs a 'y'

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:05 pm

Weathers wrote:
Kegco wrote:I think if you post pictures, model and make of your new car, I’m sure we will be able to answer your questions :lol:

Oh OK then...… oh hang on..... excellent try Kev! :lol: :lol:

I'm a bespoke steering column and final shake down away from completion. Hoping either this week or early next.

Not long now!

Had to try :lol:
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

Larkingabout

Postby Larkingabout » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:37 pm

Caterham is merely listed as Caterham with no type or model shown on the V5.So seems I can pretend I’m a 620R owner!
James
The man in the Red Coat

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:19 pm

Larkingabout wrote:Caterham is merely listed as Caterham with no type or model shown on the V5.So seems I can pretend I’m a 620R owner!

My old car (Westfield) was only shown as just that too so it seems to be the "norm" not to be more specific.

locost220

Postby locost220 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:59 pm

mine has make and model on it, the later i was able to make up myself, hence Model 'Eleanor' .
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

gdp66

Postby gdp66 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:32 am

Mine just has tiger, I raised this with dvla when they had local branches.
And they said it's the standard for iva vehicles, it will just show make no model.

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:45 am

gdp66 wrote:Mine just has tiger, I raised this with dvla when they had local branches.
And they said it's the standard for iva vehicles, it will just show make no model.

Oh that's useful to know. The DVLA were polite and courteous without being particulary helpful. The manufacturer has since sent through a picture of the relevant part of their demo cars V5C and it only has the make not model on.

Helpful as ever. Thanks one and all!

Return to “Car Related Discussion”