Bedford autodrome

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Phil N

Bedford autodrome

Postby Phil N » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:42 pm

I attended a track day the other week at Bedford with a few mates in my village who have various cars and enjoy giving them a good spanking. I’ve not been to Bedford before so didn’t really know what to expect... first thing is finding the place, or more specifically the entrance.. blinking iPhone took me to one of the old emergency gates the other side of the airport and when I got there I had no phone reception to find out where I should be.
Once I made it there I attended the usual briefing and then got taken to the track for a couple of sighting laps and then into an open pit lane where there were very few disruptions throughout the day. Weather was superb and each time I came back to the pits I was dripping in sweat.
I loved the track, I’m almost tempted to say it is my favourite, an area of technical tight turns with double apex’s, some fast sweeping bends and a very quick couple of straights. I think it was perfect for the Toyota engined VVTI Elise which performed brilliant through the day. A couple of highlights, one massive spin after over taking a bmw 140i and going into a turn too quick and then missing a hare which was legging it across the track by what must’ve been millimetres (that would’ve been an expensive fix on the Elise if it took the front clam out), I just wish I had the go pro on as that would’ve won the Internet for weeks. I’ve since heard it’s going to closed soon as it’s being developed. Boo.
Attachments
B4E3D415-FF82-4165-9030-47B48387601E.jpeg
C0136A10-D31B-460D-8FF1-8887161BCB68.jpeg
2F9D23C9-166F-46D3-8B64-2176B3D68153.jpeg
9 is more than a number

greenwoo
Site Admin

Re: Bedford autodrome

Postby greenwoo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:58 pm

sounds like a hoot Phil, which configuration did you do? Chris the car and I did the long one a few years back and frankly we had a stinker of a day....
his Elise was black flagged for noise the 1st time we went out, and their rule - one motre strike and you're going home, and for me, i just couldn't get to grips with where the hell i was on parts of the circuit.
Surprised their redeveloping it, it's part of MSV isn't it?

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:51 pm

Interesting track and one I do like. :D :D

When we first got the Ultima I did it and did not do the sighting laps. On my first lap out I did not realize they had changed the track layout and went into a 90 degree left which was a flat left. I made it round that one but was on the grass for the right hander. :? :o Obviously too over-confident.

Glad you had a good time Phil

Paul

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:10 am

Never done Bedford, maybe I should try and get up there soon ish, what’s with the Elise boots open ?
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

locost220

Postby locost220 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:42 am

Rob E wrote:Never done Bedford, maybe I should try and get up there soon ish, what’s with the Elise boots open ?

It was his turn to make the tea :D
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:44 pm

It is owned (leased ?) by Palmer Motorsport and Jonathan also has a large interest in MSV.

Return to “Car Related Discussion”