Tom Tom Tyre

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Wingco

Tom Tom Tyre

Postby Wingco » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:47 pm

Has anyone seen this before ? I know there was a bit about Tyre a few months ago.

thumbnail_3a99c878-d670-421e-9aca-455cca469762.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0471.jpg

I cant load any itn's on my LT. This is what happens when I open a saved itn, it opens tyre and I get this.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Matth93

Re: Tom Tom Tyre

Postby Matth93 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:56 pm

You need to download the latest update but don't do it with tyre open as the constant error messages stops it.
You also have to get a api key from google by setting up a account if you haven't got one and putting in card details then you can get the key, they don't charge you though

If you've already got the itn file you can just copy and paste it into the itn folder in the tomtom

graham b

Postby graham b » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:46 pm

Tyre instruction
Sent via email.
This came to me via the computer guru that is stevo
graham b
Lotus elise
Supercharged.
BBR Mx5
caterham R300
Westfield seiw
Tiger e1

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:51 pm

Thanks Graham and Matt

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:38 pm

only time i see that error is when the pc/lappie has lost the internet connection........then TYRE can't talk to google maps....either way, its the 'not being able to talk' to G/Maps that causes that.

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:40 pm

I did get an email for I’m tyre stating they are stopping providing tyre as it’s no longer viable. Stopping from July 17th. Not sure what they by stopping.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:56 pm

I had that email too but I have done the latest update a few days before that email and it’s working still now so I guess it’s ok for a while

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:05 pm

If you don't want to give your credit card details to Google (like me) you can still download Routeconverter. There is a version that uses open street maps. It doesn't predict a time for your journey, so I have to approximate until I load the itn onto my Tomtom.

I've been using it for years, and it only needs Java 8 to run so will work on almost any PC. The developer seems to be giving up development as Google have been such a pain lately and there are problems with the latest (11?) Java.

It's not looking good for route planning in the future, as the newer Tomtoms make very different decisions to the old ones. My old XL almost never agreed with Tony's newer one on the road trip unless there was no possible alternative route :(

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:07 pm

It's not looking good for route planning in the future, as the newer Tomtoms make very different decisions to the old ones. My old XL almost never agreed with Tony's newer one on the road trip unless there was no possible alternative route

when i first started programming routes using Tyre/TomTom I made a point of using as much of the allocated 48 w/points as needed, sticking them near junctions etc. I can't speak for others, but after the EU trip i resolved to stick more points back in as i'd gotten a bit lazy about doing so....i imagine if we go back to w/points nr junctions etc that it will forvce whatever TT to go the same way.

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:25 am

I have registered with Google now I did give them my credit card details because that was the only way of using tyre. After downloading and put my new key in that was generated by google it all works fine now. The new version is a lot similar to the old one we all know, but there is a few more things you can do and it looks a lot clearer to me.

Return to “Car Related Discussion”