Silverstone Classic

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

Silverstone Classic

Postby greenwoo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:48 pm

Spent a very pleasant weekend up at the Classic, and would defo recommend the event to anyone who likes to see a variety of cars, be that static or racing from bygone eras.

A group of my Le Mans muckers and I made the trip with the intent on some 'gentlemens camping'....
2 vans stacked with marquee, fridge, freezer, enough booze to pickle the livers and of course a few lights to brighten up the dark of the night.

Turns out that we were the freaks ( go figure )....'what is this thing called music', 'Lights that are multi coloured and which dance around - unheard of'. So we had to tame down the antics a bit, but nevertheless, what a hoot.
Relatively cheap.....book early enough via a car club and its about £60 or so for the whole weekends entrance, camping £50 per person....we threw in 3 large electrical hookup pitches and lorded it! ( oh they were pennies, worked out an at extra £45 for each of us for that little luxury).

racing was good, access to the cars in the pits/garages awesome ( kind of cool sticking my head in a couple of LMP1 cars that had raced at Le Mans). Astons made a mighty rumble, Capri's in the older touring car races made the sweetest rumble/whine.....and - well, the list goes on. Plenty to do/see, tractors took the lazier to the entrance from the campsite to the entrance, buses inside ( free ) ran all day around the inside perimeter, shedloads of err old sheds to gawk at, few demonstrations and 2 nights of concerts....

seems that i got the provisions sort of right.....only came back with 1.5 cases of beer, and that was due to spending loads of time drinking inside the track before topping up when we got back to base!

Oh and for those that might be tempted to take the kids along....every ride inside on the mini funfair type area = free.
Top event, well run, think it'll be on my list for next year too - ahead of our return to Le Mans for the hyperCars in 2021......

Return to “Car Related Discussion”