Emissions Fail - Any experts here?

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Hammy

Re: Emissions Fail - Any experts here?

Postby Hammy » Thu May 23, 2019 6:01 pm

Dick wrote:So am i reading this correct . Your saying that an engine that is mapped on high octane fuel will burn exactly the same if you use low octane fuel. News to me i have never been able to achieve the same results . the burn rate of high and low oct fuel is miles apart . This has a dramatic effect on how much timing you can use and compression. Now days we see so many problems with cars that people use low quility fuels supermarket stuff to keep away from. I know of a person on skcc who had a big problem with some BP petrol he brought.
Im not saying your problem is the fuel your using just saying the info you have recived may not be as it should be.
But iv been wrong before

No, I'm not saying anything yet but there's little on t'internet to give you a good steer. I ran it by Nick at Skuzzle and it was a definite no from him with my engine, knock sensor and self trimming unless the car was forced induction. I'll know more soon and will elaborate.

I know nothing in these matters but will share when I do. I genuinely bow to your knowledge Dick as I dont have it. Like I say when all's done I will share.

Cheers
John

Hammy

Re: Emissions Fail - Any experts here?

Postby Hammy » Fri May 24, 2019 5:20 pm

All sorted with Skuzzle doing a remote session on my ecu/car. The narrow band optimal target setting was way out.

Amazing watching someone control your engine from 35 miles away! :D

Return to “Car Related Discussion”