Craver training

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Nash

Re: Craver training

Postby Nash » Fri May 17, 2019 11:23 am

Getting lessons off a pro really appeals to me in one sense but I'm not sure how my ego will take being told I'm pants! :oops:
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Crunchie Gears

Re: Craver training

Postby Crunchie Gears » Sat May 18, 2019 5:15 am

Nash wrote:Getting lessons off a pro really appeals to me in one sense but I'm not sure how my ego will take being told I'm pants! :oops:

Hmmm I think you would not have a problem with this guy. The reason is every time I have been coached before it is about the feedback from steering or you hear the brakes lockup etc etc. The coaches concentrate on your line.

This guy concentrates on how to get more grip. So for example I am at Croft and yesterday I am sharing the drive with an 18 year old hotshot who raced Caterhams here two weeks ago. He is .3 second quicker than me on 1.40 lap. The reason is that I have taken the learning, not perfected it, and I am faster in all the fast bits. I am taking chunks out. I have his delta in the car and I am often 2.5 seconds up coming into the last 3 bends and I cannot find a way of applying the new think through the tight technical corners and get a clean exit from the hairpin.

So the conventional approach is brake and get on the gas as early as possible. This guy says you have to slow the car to much if you approach a bend like that so you can get on the gas early. He teaches you a different way. You turn in say it understeers you come off the throttle and put more weight on the front. As the understeer reduces it might move to oversteer so move the weight to the back with delicate application of the throttle.

If you would like to see how we do we have live streaming from the car.

Www.pitstream.net/all-pi. Pick Harry 310r. Then click on the live session YouTube link.

For the race we are hoping to lap at 1.41 1.42 and that should put us in the mix.

Return to “Car Related Discussion”