Speed Camera Accuracy

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

andyf

Re: Speed Camera Accuracy

Postby andyf » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:55 am

jeffw wrote:
bigstuff wrote:FWIW Someone at work has just received three points for a 31 mph speeding ticket from Kent police. :?

I'd be calling Custard if this was Pistonheads. If it is true I'd be wanting to see the unit calibration certificate and lawyering up. Doppler shift radars are not typically that accurate and there will be an inherent error % which would have to be allowed for. 1MPH is around 3.3% which is way under what I'd expect these units to be rated for +/-.

I think they knock the error off before deciding to prosecute but it would be worth asking. Aparently atglaw on pistonheads is very good
MkII Marlin Roadster with Ford 2.0L Pinto and Type 9 gearbox. Going for the oily rag restoration look :-)

David T

Postby David T » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:47 pm

Compared to GPS, the Volvo speedo is consistently 2mph overreading. I know GPS not always accurate, eg if climbing or descending.

Interestingly there are now a plethora of new speed display signs around LHR perimeter roads. The are always spot on what GPS indicates. They also have little antennae, I assume to feed the stats back to the mother ship. My highest score was 38, but I don't think I'll make the leaderboard. :lol:

scotty

Postby scotty » Thu May 09, 2019 8:19 pm

The speed display signs at heathrow have had cams added now so beware.,odd looking ones.the memo sent around to staff says they are anpr and speed cams.
They are tiny square boxes with cams on but have indeed been confirmed by plod to be "capable" and legal of being use to nick with so watch them if up there,could just be anti drone stuff but could be used for extra dollars.
Luego with a mighty 104bhp!!!

Return to “Car Related Discussion”