Goodwood

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Rob E

Goodwood

Postby Rob E » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:28 pm

So after russ and my visit to the sprint at gw I got charging to one of the organisers and he said why don’t we as a club rent the Circuit out, I know these things don’t always Apeal to everyone but who would be interested? The cost really depends on the amount that sign up, realistically we’d need 55/60 cars to make it doable

1/rob
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

Phil N

Re: Goodwood

Postby Phil N » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:15 pm

So after russ and my visit to the sprint at gw I got charging to one of the organisers and he said why don’t we as a club rent the Circuit out, I know these things don’t always Apeal to everyone but who would be interested? The cost really depends on the amount that sign up, realistically we’d need 55/60 cars to make it doable

1/rob
2- pHIL
9 is more than a number

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:04 pm

Coincidentally, I am doing a track day there this Saturday. The organiser doesn't make any profit, and this year it was £215 for 45 drivers. Might be cheaper mid-week.

The static noise limit is 98db with strict drive by microphones that link to the local council offices :roll: My car is 93db static, a couple of years ago two more powerful Caterhams came and they were both black flagged for noise :(

1/rob
2- pHIL

Nash

Postby Nash » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:11 pm

DJ. wrote:Coincidentally, I am doing a track day there this Saturday. The organiser doesn't make any profit, and this year it was £215 for 45 drivers. Might be cheaper mid-week.

The static noise limit is 98db with strict drive by microphones that link to the local council offices :roll: My car is 93db static, a couple of years ago two more powerful Caterhams came and they were both black flagged for noise :(

1/rob
2- pHIL

I would be very keen BUT there is no way I would pass noise at this point! My brief to the zorst guy is to provide a system that would pass noise at GW (lowest track limit i know?) so depending on timing I would be in! History says it takes a long time to get a zorst done so my question to Rob is,

When are you thinking this day would occur Sir?
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:17 pm

I did know there was a noise limit but why are sprinters aloud to have screamers or cars with a pipe for an exhaust culminating in very loud ??
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

steve m

Postby steve m » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:28 pm

Although I would like to attend, getting 55 plus members and cars in one place on one day at some point, from skcc seems like an impossibility

The nearest that ive ever seen from Skcc was 33 (?) cars at Tangmere a couple of years ago, and that was a few members down who didn't show, and a few that were not on the list but came anyway

And then theres the weather, if its wet, zero cars will go

steve
Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Nash

Postby Nash » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:26 pm

Rob E wrote:I did know there was a noise limit but why are sprinters aloud to have screamers or cars with a pipe for an exhaust culminating in very loud ??

Rob, all circuits are on noise regulations to manage noise over the day, week, month and year. GW has some key dates in the year that are very noisy. FoS, Revival and Members Meeting are ear splitting. This filters down to less noisy meetings like the sprint you saw at the weekend.
So they have to balance the noise out by having stricter controls for other meetings like track days.

I attended a Mission Motorsport (help for heroes) trackday and they are very strict. The cars go out at 30 second intervals and one of the noise meters links directly to the council who call race control before the offending car has finished the lap!

Bottom line is noise will be an issue.

On Steve's point you (we) may need to open up the day to other people?

Have you considered other circuits?
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:27 am

I got chatting to a friend of a friend that works at goodwood a little while back and he can organise a track day there for us. The cost was £250 each for the day based on 30 cars including lunch and 1 instructor that would float around for the day

Phil N

Postby Phil N » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:13 am

steve m wrote:Although I would like to attend, getting 55 plus members and cars in one place on one day at some point, from skcc seems like an impossibility

The nearest that ive ever seen from Skcc was 33 (?) cars at Tangmere a couple of years ago, and that was a few members down who didn't show, and a few that were not on the list but came anyway

And then theres the weather, if its wet, zero cars will go

steve

Forever the optimist Steve :lol: :lol:
If you put your name down then that means there’s one less space to fill ;)

Rob, a couple of fair comments about goodwood- maybe try Castle Combe as I know a few clubs that have hired that out for the day, although that’ll probably end up too far or the wind might be blowing in the wrong direction for some.
9 is more than a number

David T

Postby David T » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:26 am

1/rob
2- pHIL
3/ David T (might have a couple of enthusiast friends could join in something interesting if date works out)
4/

Return to “Car Related Discussion”