Fuel tank

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Matth93

Re: Fuel tank

Postby Matth93 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:09 am

Last week I used the fuel pump to empty the tank and then dipped it to find there was about 15mm deep in the bottom but it also has a outlet right on the bottom corner but is running a internal pump. So yesterday when I got back from the run I drained it down again with the pump but this time it almost completely drained it. I removed the sender/pump from the tank and found a little bit of rubbish in the bottom but nothing major. When I looked at the pump the filter on the bottom is breaking up and it looks like it’s moving around on the bottom of the tank.
14A4A28F-3E13-4094-A8AD-E85B94D5DA0F.jpeg

So I have removed the tank to clean it out and am planning on fitting a external pump which I already have (which will also make it easier to get at should I have any problems).
Also where the sender goes into the tank the hole is a bit butchered and does leak a little when completely filled.
43024AAD-E0E0-4003-8A0F-1EBDC087689A.jpeg

I haven’t decided what to do with this bit yet I may see if I can get a sender that’s better matched to my gauge and then have a boss welded in to fill the hole and make a better fitting. I have looked at wether I can make the tank bigger but with the having a boot box I will only gain a very small amount so it’s probably not worth the hassle.

DJ.

Re: Fuel tank

Postby DJ. » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:49 am

Good work :)

Return to “Car Related Discussion”