A 'Thank You' to the silver Cayman earlier.....

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

greenwoo
Site Admin

A 'Thank You' to the silver Cayman earlier.....

Postby greenwoo » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:15 pm

Mrs G decided that stocks of Bacardi were running low and that freezer meals were getting boring....ok, i exaggerate ..
I just said that i'd go get some grub and groceries in.......and as it was sunny I figured i'd take the Tiger. I'm not one for jumping in it for menial trips, but thought it was a good excuse to chuck some petrol in it and maybe give it a blast over the short local bypass.

Clearly Friday the 29th in Sainsburys Sevenoaks is day of the dead, or should i say, day or the nearly dead. It was as though the most of Eastbourne had packed their zimmers and been put on a special day trip coach.
We've all seen the signs ' Chichester and the Cathedral, full day Tour starting from the Pier'....well i reckon there was one that said ' Sainsburys, Otford Road, Sevenoaks does cheap wurthers'.
Hell, there was more blue rinse and more wheelchairs than at the over 80's Olympics.....

Course, the fun part was queuing behind Mavis, Maude and Maurice - i thought of them as the Three Degrees rather than the Bee Gees, a i reckon that was their combined body temperature. I've just had the hallway redecked in a nice Grey and i swear those buggers could have blended in like 'Camo'.

Needless to say I was a little bit pissed off by the timei'd got said groceries in the car ( no mean feat, i reckon i could pack a migrant dinghy far more effectively than some)...anyway, where was i ?

Oh yep, slightly peed off, Tiger full ( i mean full ) of bags of shopping and nothing to stop it the uppermost bags making a bid for freedom if they so decided....A nice quiet run home was def the order of the day....until a cheeky fooker in a Silver Porker decided to zip across the roundabout ahead of me.

Mmm what's a bloke to do? One hand on the shopping I managed to get behind him at the start of the bypass....perfect, 3rd gear 40 or 50mph right in the band......and I imagine he may have been a tad surprised to see that he still had a tail end Charlie hanging on behind ( literally otherwise that shopping wasn't going to reach home).
As we pottered round the Pond I mused that perhaps he hadnt moved the seat near enough to the loud pedal....
But the cheeky bugger was playing games, slowing down to create a nice long gap so that he could floor it and show the power of the wallet - Alas; a/ i guessed his intention b/ The Tig pulls quite nicely in 2nd from about 20mph....so that didn't work out either.

I turned off and headed for home,wondering whether he was running some numbers through his head - like 'How much will it cost to buy a proper Porsche'.

As a postscript, clearly we both backed off at the National speed limit - AND, all groceries were accounted for, without loss nor damage AND, thinking about it, those groceries weighed as much as Crunchie, so technically the Tig was 2 up :lol: :lol:

Oh the title, the 'Thank You to The Porsche Owner'.....well, thx for making a dull trip a little more lively, and thanks for reminding me what i've been missing these last few months of not driving the car!

Crunchie Gears

Re: A 'Thank You' to the silver Cayman earlier.....

Postby Crunchie Gears » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:33 pm

LOL. First time I have been referred to as in an inanimate state since my last beer :lol: :lol:

Good to hear a Porker driver needing to take the car back to complain :D You must have made his day Mark :twisted:

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:05 am

I am outraged that you think Eastbourne residents would lower themselves to shop in Otford :lol:

Sounds much more fun than the usual shopping trip.

Matth93

Postby Matth93 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:07 am

Well done, at least yours was more successful than my brothers attempt in my car against a jag the other day. He looked stupid alongside it saying “I’ve got nothing the pedal is on the floor”

Return to “Car Related Discussion”