Business use Insurance.

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Weathers

Re: Business use Insurance.

Postby Weathers » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:27 pm

Yes it costs b*gger all really and if you happen to be on the road at 08:30 in the morning on a weekday, in your work clobber, carrying your briefcase (got to put your sandwiches somewhere right?) it would be a difficult one to explain away.

Not worth it anyway, imagine if you had a bad accident you could end up losing everything, including your freedom. The lack of license then would be the least of your worries and then try getting insurance afterwards...…

I've seen what happens when an 18 year old lad "borrows" his dads car without permission. Crashes it, kills his best mate and has to take his A'levels whilst in prison. Ruined his life and has to live with what he's done. I'm not saying it's the same but the lack of insurance was a contributory factor in them throwing the book at him.

Just make sure you get the right type of business insurance, there are different types. Class 2 was what I used to have and covered going to work and out to clients, I'm not sure what you need but definitely be honest with A-plan. I find them very helpful and I insure all our cars through them ranging from Mrs W's little Peugeot run around and my CRV through collectors items and of course the Westfield.

Good to see you've done the right thing here though.

davehall

Postby davehall » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:56 pm

SD&P including commuting covers you for travelling to one place of work. Class 1 covers you for commuting to various places of work as long as they are your employers sites. Class 2 is for travelling to sites that are not your employers i.e. client sites.
Westfield SEiW 1.8 Zetec, Jenveys, Omex

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:45 am

davehall wrote:SD&P including commuting covers you for travelling to one place of work. Class 1 covers you for commuting to various places of work as long as they are your employers sites. Class 2 is for travelling to sites that are not your employers i.e. client sites.

That’s the one Dave. I couldn’t remember which classes covered what. It’s a long time since I’ve needed it.

Return to “Car Related Discussion”