Wow, that's better (x2)

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

David T

Wow, that's better (x2)

Postby David T » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:02 pm

So, Tiger's been back on the road since start of the month. In past months I had noticed it was sometimes reluctant to start easily and the idle was dropping when cold (~600 i.s.o. ~900). Normally fine once it goes closed loop. So thought it was time to check the throttle body settings and do some balancing. Previously I've just done the TPS and each idle bleed screw. This time I did the whole lot including reseting the stops for each pair of TBs as well as calibrating the spring link between the pairs. I was relieved to find that it now starts on the button and the idle is spot on - I can just press the starter button and don't even need to think about playing with the throttle. What I hadn't expected is how much better it would perform in the top half of the rev range. OMG, it's like it's been turbo-ed. It absolutely rips and seems to do so much more smoothly. Perhaps it was like this when new and slowly I've got used to how it is now. Really pleased. :D So, if you got ITBs, it's defintely worth checking the calibration and balance the cylinders once in a while.

In other news, I've been working on the garage lighting. Some of the fluorescent tubes have been failing, so thought I'd replace with a bunch of LED units. So now I have 6x60W (33,000 lumens!) of light. Reminds me of this: https://youtu.be/AMekQj5w7MU I'm kind of glad now that EDF can't make a smart meter In Home Display work. :shock: :lol:

Hammy

Re: Wow, that's better (x2)

Postby Hammy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:05 pm

come fit me some a dat LED bling!

David T

Postby David T » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:09 pm

Hammy wrote:come fit me some a dat LED bling!

Happy to help. Get 8% off B&Q via a company discount scheme.

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:02 pm

That is a great idea David, checking the car that is. So a new lease of life for the rebuilt car, good for you and something so simple !! well simple ish :lol: :lol:
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Fury1630

Postby Fury1630 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:37 pm

David T wrote:
Hammy wrote:come fit me some a dat LED bling!

Happy to help. Get 8% off B&Q via a company discount scheme.

Not because you're over 60 then?? :D

I balance the TBs on the Fury from time to time - much easier now I can adjust each one by turnbuckles, not the springs Suzuki gave them - it does make a difference, but I've not seen the sort of improvement you've found, good stuff.

So you'll be out on the run this Sunday then? :mrgreen:

David T

Postby David T » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:47 am

Oi no, that's called an employee discount :lol:

Return to “Car Related Discussion”