Brands Hatch First Outing

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

jeffw

Re: Brands Hatch First Outing

Postby jeffw » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:29 pm

Nash wrote:The car just got through noise in the morning at 104dB :shock: and in the afternoon around 3.30pm after about 60 laps of running I had it checked again and it came in at 100dB. The induction was/is louder than the zorst now so I need to think about that.

Happy days.

That is possible because acoutafil needs heat in it to expand to fill the silencer. The induction noise will be a product of the sausage filter you are using, I ended up putting the big K&N filter in a box and piping cold air to it.

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:08 pm

jeffw wrote:
Nash wrote:The car just got through noise in the morning at 104dB :shock: and in the afternoon around 3.30pm after about 60 laps of running I had it checked again and it came in at 100dB. The induction was/is louder than the zorst now so I need to think about that.

Happy days.

That is possible because acoutafil needs heat in it to expand to fill the silencer. The induction noise will be a product of the sausage filter you are using, I ended up putting the big K&N filter in a box and piping cold air to it.

Yeah that's my thinking too Jeff. I'm struggling for space to duct to a suitable spot.
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:31 pm

Really big well done Neil, after months of planing, trying things, three different exhaust systems and god know's how many meetings with Dick and sleepless nights its all come together.
All that's left is to enjoy yourself and I'm pretty sure that's the easy bit.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:21 am

Nash wrote:
Yeah that's my thinking too Jeff. I'm struggling for space to duct to a suitable spot.

You will do. Most of this sort of stuff went on in the side pods in mine which you obviously don't have.

SteveRST

Postby SteveRST » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:51 pm

Need pics Neil!
Good job getting it a fair bit quieter now.

I know that the BEC guys struggle with induction noise. An air box seems that way to go, although I'm sure space is it a premium under your bonnet!
Westfield Zetec turbo & Westfield Megabusa turbo

Nash

Postby Nash » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:32 pm

SteveRST wrote:Need pics Neil!
Good job getting it a fair bit quieter now.

I know that the BEC guys struggle with induction noise. An air box seems that way to go, although I'm sure space is it a premium under your bonnet!

Steve, Can't believe I'm going to say this but I didn't take any pics on Saturday. I will video and photo at Snetterton on the 15th March as I need footage for the full review video I'm putting together.

Space is indeed my issue with rerouting the Air intake. I want to create an airbox at the back of the engine bay on the passenger side which means I'll need to relocate the catch tank and battery and re-route a few water pipes. Not sure I can take the pain of doing it right now (or the expense!). Certainly not before Snett on the 15th.
Attachments
20190226_105720.jpg
20190226_122627.jpg
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:10 pm

Well done Neil. It sounds like it is going to be fantastic fun and chasing super cars :lol: :lol:

Good luck on the 15.

Return to “Car Related Discussion”