Seat removal help

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Weathers

Re: Seat removal help

Postby Weathers » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:59 am

So the bolts will need replacing. I doubt they’re in the box from W’field. That would be just too handy.

I’ll order them up ASAP so is Stainless steel ok or other? Haven’t got them out to do the quick magnet test to see if SS or other steel.

Thanks

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:02 am

My new seats (the turbo ones) came with stainless bolts welded in place so you could be lucky, do they come with seat runners ??

My new ones are direct fit by the way
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

Rob E

Postby Rob E » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:04 am

Weathers wrote:I was questioning this set up vs captive nut or similar but I suppose it’s the cheaper option. I don’t have welding kit so I have limited modification options.

If I could move the seat it would have been simple but as ever with these jobs nothing ever is.

There’s a number of people that have welders so maybe after a breakfast run you could tap them up for some welding, obviously doesn’t help you now though
Absofu?@inglutely

Orange Peel

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:30 am

Thanks for all the tips. Mission accomplished 8 bolts removed.

1-4 just unbolted - straight forward.

5-6 needed a hex key to hold the bolt and then the nut was undone from underneath. Bit of a reach for the central bolt around the exhaust box but otherwise ok.

Had to cut a slot in no 7 and then it came off no probs with a screw driver and a ratchet spanner.

No 8 proved to be an absolute b@stard. I ended up cutting into the nut as well as the bolt and it unscrewed eventually. Made for some indoor fire works!!!

Thankfully as Rob E suggested the new ones have bolts welded in place so as long as the holes align we should be good to go after lunch. :D

Want to sort the harnesses out as they are incredibly difficult to adjust. Just looks like a bit of corrosion where the belts double back in the “buckle”. Nothing a bit of a clean won’t fix.
Attachments
8A436936-BDBD-441A-BEDE-F681F7807A5F.jpeg
FCC6F1D6-40A7-4AFF-AC95-8AAD7FED24D0.png

Return to “Car Related Discussion”