MNR Vortex RT Hayabusa

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

DJ.

Re: MNR Vortex RT Hayabusa

Postby DJ. » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:21 pm

This is an exciting thread, I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on next year :D

I bet you're disappointed Santa isn't bring it overnight :)

As seen on Facebook:

"I built a bigger chimney so Santa could get a race car down it!"
racecar_chimney.jpg

leegav

Postby leegav » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:28 pm

just a little update on the build progress...

errrrr - the chassis is starting to get put together today.. thats about it :lol:

I have asked Marc if he can fit a built in gps car tracker for me and he is happy to oblige. so i will be able to make sure its still in the garage when i go away and locate it if it goes missing. :D

We have also discussed building in a TT Rider410 satnav into the dash board just above the F3 wheel. so realistically all that will be on the carbon dash is the battery cut off switch and a couple of the caterham style switches that cant be controlled from the wheel, and of course the satnav which is waterproof and can be used with gloves. i have a feeling the brake bias adjuster will be on the dash too for ease of adjusting.
i should be receiving the dash pattern file they use for customers to design the dash before they fix it all up soon which seems to be a good little tool.

i have also just ordered 2 new Scroth ASM caterham 4 point harnesses which will replace the TRS ones they supply. love the look of the black and yellow, and the Anti sub belts they offer seem a no brainer when you read the research about them.

should receive some pics of the chassis this week from them so will pop up when they arrive. :P

what are peoples thoughts on matt gold alloys with a black car? I think they would have complemented the r6 with the stripes. But not sure. Does anyone have a alloy wheel photo shop file or something that can be used to see what they look like before you buy?
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

Rexholme

Postby Rexholme » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:39 pm

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:21 pm

if the rest of the car is flat black with no gold stripes i don't think it works.....but taste is of course highly personal..

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:26 pm

IMO gold doesn’t work too well on most cars because of a strong association with a few..

Eg, Rally Blue Impreza, Lancia Stratos coffin spokes and BBS split rims. The obvious one is the JPS theme which just looks wrong on anything but a F1 car.

It is only my view Lee, if you can make them work on a Severn with a nice colour scheme then full credit to you.
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:22 pm

leegav wrote:just a little update on the build progress...

i have also just ordered 2 new Scroth ASM caterham 4 point harnesses which will replace the TRS ones they supply. love the look of the black and yellow, and the Anti sub belts they offer seem a no brainer when you read the research about them.

I love Schroth belts but you really need a 6 point belt for competition, you can add that to the ASM system easy enough.

leegav

Postby leegav » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:29 pm

hmmm
difficult. think something like these would suit as the plan is to keep a very similar colour scheme as i have now.

but they never look as good as a car you see in a photo.. :lol:

risky buying gold rims and it doesnt work. :roll:
Attachments
2008-caterham-rs-seven_800x0w.jpg
2008-caterham-rs-seven_800x0w.jpg (38.77 KiB) Viewed 2899 times
8fdb4d092e146bddc0bca5eaf4bf7921--lotus--black-beauty.jpg
8fdb4d092e146bddc0bca5eaf4bf7921--lotus--black-beauty.jpg (4.77 KiB) Viewed 2899 times
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:57 pm

That does look cool but a bright colour might help avoid an accident.

kirmodawn1

Postby kirmodawn1 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:46 pm

I'm just catching up on this thread. Geeze Lee, I can sense the excitement just from your posts. Sounds like a great bit of kit will be produced.

Wheel colour is very personal but really depends on the wheel style. I prefer a lighter colour on a dark car as a contrast.

Good luck. Keep the updates coming

Bob
Quantum 2+2 Zetec Turbo

SJLB

Postby SJLB » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:32 pm

Good luck with this Lee. You'll love the Busa, especially one with this spec!
Steve
Westfield Megabusa, Bromley, Kent.

Return to “Car Related Discussion”