MNR Vortex RT Hayabusa

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

leegav

Re: MNR Vortex RT Hayabusa

Postby leegav » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:34 am

no mate, i dont use videos. never really watch them when i did so couldnt be bothered anymore,
what we are fitting is a built in RIDER410 satnav (which has glove touch screen) into the carbon dash right infront of the steering wheel, and the steering wheel is the AIM F3 https://www.aim-sportline.com/en/produc ... /index.htm which is the right shape to be able to view the satnav in most instances.. apart from when i turn the wheel 90 degrees :roll: .

Jenvey have just developed some new throttle bodies for the hayabusa which take all the standard injectors and sensors which means you can use the same ECU and this brings the cost down massively. They tested them at RLM racing last week and got 14bhp improvement over stock GEN2 busa throttles and around 7ftlb torque on a 1340cc busa engine. Im in discussions now with DM racing who are selling them at the moment in whether i can fit the flatshifter auto blip parts onto the throttle idle screw, im also trying to haggle on price, if i can get them down a little i will be buying some of these to add.. !! i cant have such a high spec engine/ car and then have old throttles on there....it wouldnt look right would it. :lol:
MNR have just started making GRP side doors for the car too so we have added some of them to the spec, they help keep the rain off my arm.. :lol: it gives me a bigger space for the livery too! 8-)
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

leegav

Postby leegav » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:50 pm

Going together nicely
Attachments
IMG-20190322-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20190322-WA0010.jpg
IMG-20190322-WA0013.jpg

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:11 am

Coming along nicely Lee
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:28 pm

I was just curious Lee as I know you’ll be doing hill climbs etc and wasn’t sure whether you’d be looking at your lines etc. I agree though you can gather too much info/film sometimes.

Looking great spec and build wise. I have some fibreglass doors on my Westfield. Never used them though :lol:

kenton

Postby kenton » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:51 pm

Starting to take shape now. Im liking what i see.

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:39 am

Very cool car Lee! I really like you man maths logic :D

The truth is better to do things now and avoid upgradeitous :?

leegav

Postby leegav » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:05 pm

Weathers wrote:I was just curious Lee as I know you’ll be doing hill climbs etc and wasn’t sure whether you’d be looking at your lines etc. I agree though you can gather too much info/film sometimes.

Looking great spec and build wise. I have some fibreglass doors on my Westfield. Never used them though :lol:

For me the side doors are essential on long tours at least taking them with you rolled up if you had the tonneu side doors like i had. I left them at home once when me and tony etc went to the alps...one day i drove the car in a thunderstorm and got absolutely drenched...my right arm and tge my leg and whole left hand side was like id been dipped in a pool..all becauuse i didnt take my bloody side door... :roll:

Nash

Postby Nash » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:18 pm

Lee, is the damper adjuster too close to the hub carrier or is it an optical illusion? Just thinking a out ease of adjustment at the hill climb?

It's coming together 8-)
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

leegav

Postby leegav » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:50 pm

In all honesty neil i am not sure...however when we specd the car he said adjstments are simple and can be done at the track.... Wether thats race mechanic simple or laymans simple i dont know.. :lol:

There is an 8 week wait on the new jenveys which is annoying. I did get RLM to price up the AT power throttles i love but with a new ecu and loom it came in at 3k. My budget is soaked up and i cant afford another 10 % of the build cost just on intake. Im going to make the decsion to cancel the next event and use the funds to go towards the jenveys which all in are 1200 quid. It will mean i have another 8 weeks before the car is finished though... And that woukd take the build time from inception of the idea signed off to delivery to 5 months and im getting bloody restless already.

Anyway.... Its not a bad issue to have in the grand scheme of life!!!
My other side says stick with the OEM busa intake and that gives me less of a loss when the tome comes for me to tirbo the whole thing in a couple of years :lol:

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:36 am

Sorry we didn't get much of a chance to chat at Combe Lee, hope you have a great day with your new baby :D

Return to “Car Related Discussion”