MNR Vortex RT Hayabusa

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

leegav

Re: MNR Vortex RT Hayabusa

Postby leegav » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:47 am

jeffw wrote:Sorry we didn't get much of a chance to chat at Combe Lee, hope you have a great day with your new baby :D

thats ok jeff, we stayed and watched the single seaters in race one then my partner called to say our cat was on its last legs after eating some rat poison... so had to shoot off.

It was nice day and we watched you fly by! 8-)

I will deffo see you at some of the meetings this year anyway, just got to rearrange the schedule now as im putting a 2 month delay on the build so we can fit the new developed jenveys.
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:51 am

hang on.............. what happened to the cat?

leegav

Postby leegav » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:28 pm

Bloody thing... We think she ate a mouse that had been poisened. Shes actually pulled through after 8 days in the vets.

So not much movement on the car this past week or so for a couple of reasons. 1 being ive been trying to source a decent intake system, ecu and harness.
Finally got my hands on an absolute bargain... Full SBD Jenvey hayabusa 45mm kit including MBE9a4 and the SBD harness with injectors and a flatshifter (although i have one already) if i sell the standard intakes and ecu plus the power commander the full SBD kit which has only been used for 1 season it will have cost me a 900 quid!!

Also been trying to source a motoGP race silencer but struggling. I was looking at Akrapovic but cant find one i want that is left hand sided to a bike so it wont work on the car. Decided to go to a company called SP engineering who make decent full racce silencers with lifetime guarentees. Not quite the same as an akrapovic but 3 times cheaper and the sound of there GP line is outstanding from the videos ive watched.
Started filling in the IVA too so getting closer.
Harewoods a no go in aprill ive cancelled.

greenwoo
Site Admin

Postby greenwoo » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:27 pm

ha ha man maths.....
that sounds like me; 'if i sell xyz then it'll only cost me a packet of nuts'.....hope you're more proactive selling than i am Lee, i have too much stuff in the parts bin that 'should' have been sold to recoup funds.

leegav

Postby leegav » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:57 pm

:lol:
My maths isnt great as realised i wont get the bits back until i collect the car...which his when mnr will want there final payment.. Which ive spent on the jenveys.... Doh!!!

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:52 pm

Really liking the man maths. I have persuaded Head Office my new race car is an investment. She will probably get a call from a call center offering to sue me for miss selling. :o :lol: 8-) 8-)

Weathers

Postby Weathers » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:13 pm

leegav wrote:Harewoods a no go in aprill ive cancelled.

That's a shame. I grew up minutes from there and spent many a happy hour watching cars fly up the hill.

It's a shame but hopefully the time you lose now will more than be made up for in reliability, performance and satisfaction at a later date.

Don't fall foul of the I'll sell this to buy that later on..... I've got loads of bits including still having a used set of Westfield seats in my shed that were supposed to pay towards the new ones. They've been in the car for months now! :o :roll: :lol:

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:59 pm

Be very careful on noise Lee, bike cans are very loud for Motorsport UK events or track days. Most people seem to run normal Kit Car cans

Crunchie Gears

Postby Crunchie Gears » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:43 pm

I have the same problem as you Lee :D :D

I now have 2 cars that I need to sell :? :lol: :lol:

I have found the solution ..... I have start keeping cars at PT Sportscars and it frees up the space at home :lol: :lol:

leegav

Postby leegav » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:23 pm

jeffw wrote:Be very careful on noise Lee, bike cans are very loud for Motorsport UK events or track days. Most people seem to run normal Kit Car cans

Already thought of that jeff. I will have 2 cans and they will be interchangeable.

Return to “Car Related Discussion”