MNR Vortex RT Hayabusa

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

leegav

Re: MNR Vortex RT Hayabusa

Postby leegav » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:50 pm

jeffw wrote:Good luck with the build, be interesting to see the numbers when it is all up and running. Going to be a weapon @ 440Kg, there are a few BEC Westfields which are into the 300Kg bracket so something to aim for.

Thanks jeff. :D
Say NO to Pheasants !!! Body count = 3
Say NO to Blackbirds !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Marmots !!! Body count = 1
Say NO to Squirrels!!! Body count = 1

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:48 pm

It is pretty much what the top end of the MR1500T is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf1CTNZI9HM

scotty

Postby scotty » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:31 pm

one of the last bikes i rode before my laat accident was a 1400 busa it has a stretched swing arm but was still nuts in most gears.that was well under 200hp at the time it went sprinting and had nos added later ,not sure i would of enjoyed riding it on the road then...but would be great in a car.
Luego with a mighty 104bhp!!!

leegav

Postby leegav » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:31 pm

New engine
The Weapon!
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-12-16-15-28-05.png
Screenshot_2018-12-16-15-28-09.png
Screenshot_2018-12-16-15-28-01.png

leegav

Postby leegav » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:39 am

Ok so i have been chatting with mnr about the spec.
After the hayabusa engine buy which was a bargain for the spec to be fair ive gone slightly over budget. It is a 10k engine that he wanted to get rid of before xmas so ended up getting 2.5 knocked off which i thought was pretty good and the biggest spend i wanted was on the engine anyway.
Im heading up to harrogate today to finalise the exact spec. See the quality of some of the parts the billet and sign off the car with Marc. Think it should be ready about March after they IVA then they adjust the car and set up again to suit my spec...

Alot of little things are adding up and im not sure i need or will feel any difference. Ao contemplating removibg to bring the cost down as im currently 1800 over budget. Although not really sure what i want to remove to be honest but i do have to down spec slightly soni can add the flatshifter pro with auto down blip. I think that woukd be important yo keep the engine safe.
Anyway... 4 hour drive up there today..will posts some pictures later and post the full final spec. Carbon everything :lol: :lol:

leegav

Postby leegav » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:20 pm

Car specd and signed off.

Decided on the new solonied electrical flatshift max kit gear changes. No paddle shift no clutch just a steering wheel button. Gear changes up and down in 50 miliseconds. 4 down possible in 1 second. Oh and this is being fitted... :twisted:
No need for a dash... Everything is on the steering wheel.
I went over budget... :lol:
:lol:
Attachments
Aim_Formula_Steering_Wheel_3_09b1d25c-0044-4b6b-bb5b-46e7466da0e6.jpg

leegav

Postby leegav » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:28 pm

Full spec
Attachments
20181222_232316-1.jpg
20181222_232336-1.jpg
20181222_232357-1.jpg

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:56 am

what a great spec, really looking forward to seeing this built - somehow I knew you’d go over budget but hey ho

Anyway, alps deposit is due, go onnnnn :lol:

jeffw

Postby jeffw » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:15 am

Nice steering wheel.

When you say no clutch, do you mean no clutch required to change gear but you still need a clutch to move away?

You are using a button (I presume 2?) on the wheel for up and down shifts rather than a paddle ? There are reason why virtually everyone uses paddles and not buttons so I'll be interested to see how you get on with that.

I assume you are going with the Evo5 datalogger and GPS module for the Formula wheel?

Best of luck :)

leegav

Postby leegav » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:12 am

To be honest jeff i dont think im really sold on the button spec for gear changes so may just revert back to electric paddle shift. Thunknit might take away some fun of driving. The steering wheel can be added with paddles for electric shifts so may go that route. Il chat with marc on monday. When you say reasons...... What reasons?
Cheers

Tony. To be fair i didnt go that much over budget but he did me a bloody good deal after i took him some doughnuts. :lol: and begged him. With the addition of the steering wheel, electric flatshifter it came in at 2k over but that was also because of the additional parts required to fit the hayabusa. Car shoukd weigh 455 kg.

Next is chat with RLM about exhaust choices in the new year. I asked for a straight through bike pipe for road use then a silencer for hillclimbs.

Im sure he was talking about adding a second set of injectors that runs on a line across the ram pipes. But cant remember.
The set up marc has is brilliant and the parts they ally billet themselves in house go from sump pans and brake discs to nuts and bolts to save weight. everythi g they can make in house they do. We were very impressed with it. He said it would be ready in 8-10 weeks dependant on iva etc. I said i wanted ot for the begining of the season and he said that shouldnt be a problem.

I have a little boy coming in jan tony so the mrs might let me go away for a week of im good until then. I will ask.... :twisted:

Return to “Car Related Discussion”