SEASON FINALE

Need help from a fellow owner, something to air - discuss away!

Moderator: Contaminated

Jay

SEASON FINALE

Postby Jay » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:44 pm

I really dont know how to start. As you may know from the last vid that things were very close going into the last event with everything to play for. On saturday we were greated with a very greasy track we went and stood at paddock hill to try and make a call on what rubber to put on the car. I want to leave most of the details to the last vid but what i will say is i made the right call, were getting good at this stuff now .
I had a brilliant 1st race even tho i got backed right up but made for alot of excitement and everytime we passed through paddock there seemed to be somebody different infront between the groupe i was battling with just to keep people guessing.
We got the call for race 2 about an hour early so quickyly got changed and headed up to the holding area. When we got there the race infront got red flagged as a ginetta crashed at turn 1 and carried on pumping oil and antifreeze all the way around the racing line. I will leave some of the detail to Neil but when race 2 was finished and the results were checked it only turns out my prediction to finish top 15 was miles out.
Were did we finish. Well

CLASS CHAMPION

2ND PLACE OVERALL CHAMPIONSHIP

1 OF 2 CARS TO FINISH EVERY RACE

Still cant belive it ourselves. What we have achieved in a year is massive. We've got a handfull of trophies with more to come, we have adopted another driver who wants to race under our name and also meet lots of good people in a community that we now firmly belong and have earned respect from due to the way we operate our cars and the way we race.

locost220

Re: SEASON FINALE

Postby locost220 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:49 pm

Well done mate, sorry could not make it yesterday, look forward to the video.
Fantastic debuit season
Locost book chassis, Undergoing testing post rebuild :D :?
Robin Hood 2B, keeping me sane
Sylva Leader, stuck to the trailer

Kegco

Postby Kegco » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:55 pm

Congratulations Jay and your team

Kev
ST170 Tiger cat E1
2.1 Tiger cat E1
Mini Rod73 (track toy)

DJ.

Postby DJ. » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:05 pm

Brilliant, well done to you all!
We knew you'd do it :D

b33fy

Postby b33fy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:06 pm

Congratulations Jay and to Team Snodhurst, great to be there with a winning team throughout the season. :)
Power.. small nail, fast hammer, Torque.. small nail, big hammer.. I got a big hammer :P

Wingco

Postby Wingco » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:16 pm

All i would like to say is thank you to the Snodhurst team for allowing me to get near and around the team , many would say i was in the way but to be amongst decent people and to see them work and grow as a team was a big pleasure for me. The highlight for me from Saturday was when Jamie drove his car back to the paddock knowing he had done it and the Governor was there Dick, to see father and son in brace brought a tear to my eye, very emotional.
Really looking forward to the video as this will show you some of the decisions that had to be made for Jay to win and epic race.

All I can add is

CONGRATULATIONS TO JAMIE AND THE SNODHURST TEAM.
Mirror, Signal go faster pedal !!

Nash

Postby Nash » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:22 pm

It goes without saying Jamie has played down Saturdays events dramatically I only hope I can do the video justice!

The day had more drama then a BBC mini series and it was impossible to call until 2 laps from the end of the race!

Congrats to Team Snodhurst. Dreams are there to be exceeded! :D
Buckle Up - Adventure Calls

Dick

Postby Dick » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:43 pm

I have just sat hear and type a long post about Jay only to see it disappear god knows where.

So now its this well done my son.

andyf

Postby andyf » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:27 pm

Well done! Excellent result.
MkII Marlin Roadster with Ford 2.0L Pinto and Type 9 gearbox. Going for the oily rag restoration look :-)

Tony B
Site Admin

Postby Tony B » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:34 pm

Congratulations mate, what a first season!!!

Return to “Car Related Discussion”